Bio Diesel around Denver...??? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Bio Diesel around Denver...???

Got a 2007 5.9 and looking to go hippie and use b20 or straight veggie/ bio if it's financialy worth it, to add to regular ULSD. I was trying to do some internet searching and it seems like that option is a little more difficult to come by than I thought as far as buying it straight from a station. it looks to me that a few places that used to sell it in the Denver area are no longer in service. Does anyone have advice on where I can get b20 or get help on using straight vegetable oil...! It's just weird to me since there are so many hippies in Colorado that are worried about the environment yet there are so few places that I can do this... I just figured running on vegetables rather than natural oil would be a huge thing around here......

2007 2500 QC 5.9 48RE, CAI, 5" Exh, gauges.... no programmer yet, dual antennas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(129,xxx miles as of Dec '18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Diesel Freak

If you can find a steady supply of waste oil. You're good.
I looked into doing this a few years back. Iirc the main things to address were optimum filtration of the oil before hand and warmers to keep it thin.
My neighbor just dumps it straight into his tank with a small strainer. It's an old 80s Mercedes.

+300k Mile 04.5 Mutt QCLB 4x4 NV5600 - ...in progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*63/65 Tater. 90 DragonFlys. 110# Springs. 85 over CP3. Single Valair. AD2 with Dual Sump. SmartyS06.*
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Diesel Freak

By the way, hippies avoid fumes unless they're from Ganja or incense. They've gone electric with rainbow stickers on the rear glass.

+300k Mile 04.5 Mutt QCLB 4x4 NV5600 - ...in progress...

*63/65 Tater. 90 DragonFlys. 110# Springs. 85 over CP3. Single Valair. AD2 with Dual Sump. SmartyS06.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan808 View Post
By the way, hippies avoid fumes unless they're from Ganja or incense. They've gone electric with rainbow stickers on the rear glass.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha…….. True statement. I'm behind the times.
After more reading its probably best for me to just mix it a little. I don't do enough highway driving to spend the $ on a filtration and heating system.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I built a system a few years back that I make some home-brew with. It's nothing fancy and we run it in my wife's '02 TDI, my '92 Cummins and my '81 Rabbit without any modifications. First year we learned to not run it in the winter, no matter how diluted, it WILL gel. Actually we started doing a 50/50 mix with #2 in the warmer months anyway. I built the system because a guy that went to my church was running it in his '06. If you can find a good supply of WVO (gotta be the clear stuff) you can make it for $.60-$.70 a gallon. Huge savings for our situation. Lots of people will tell you how you'll ruin your engine blah, blah, blah but they're the ones that have never done it. There were a few learning curves but we love doing it.

Personally, I would rather run it in older stuff that won't cost a fortune to fix if something happened.

Google Mechanic Extraordinaire
92 W250, Automagic, 4" lift, 37's, BHAF, 4" TBE, 175hp P-pump, 16.5*, DDP fuel plate, DAP 5X.014s, GSK(?), 60lb. ex. springs, HE351CW, P/S I/C.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:01 AM
Cummins Nut

Colorado Biodiesel & Alternative Fuel Locations

<>< JC Rules!
96' 2wd extracab LB 12 valve, exhaust brake 3pc manifold.
98' Quad cab, 12v, 5spd, short bed SLT, 6in lift, 35" tires, PSC ram assist steering.Sold
2006 4x4 Mega Cab all stock for now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Yeah the common rails arent as friendly with the waste oil, but if I can gather it, refine it, and store it to use in the warm months it would be pretty cool....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode