Deleted in Denver - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Deleted in Denver

Hey guys, I'm contemplating deleting since I'm out of warranty. I also live in a emissions county. For those of you that have deleted and have to deal with emissions, did you leave your egr in place? Did you do race pipes or a full exhaust swap? How long does it take to swap everything out? I'm not opposed to taking everything off, but wanted to hear from you guys first. As for tuning, I plan on going with double r diesel. Everything I've read about Rays tuning has been great! If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

2013 3500 ICI front bumper and rock sliders, xd monster wheels, stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Diesel Head

I've been out of the game for a long time.. but back in the day they didn't really check hard at some shops... best thing is to ask other who have deleted and did it at these low key shops. you could find a friend who lives in a non emissions county and register it there thats what I did. So when my wife lets me I can just get rid of the heavy crap underneath.

18 Laramie
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Diesel Freak

If i had to do emissions, I'd leave the egr on and stock down pipe. Only take an hour or so to put egr tube and exhaust back on
That's what I did with my 07. I don't have emissions now so I took it all off.

15 blacked out 3500 Big Horn CC Aisin, PPEI, Jones 4040xl & FTE 30in. AFE Momentum, Pedal Comm. , Tonneau Pro rollup, Torque airbags, DZ tailgate strut, Bilstein 5100+Damper, TYC smoked projectors, Fumei bed cam, NOCO engine block plug, A.R. Steering stab., Amsoil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 05:16 PM
BFD
Cummins Nut

I'd hate to switch every year. I was in Denver for 33 yrs, until 03, and the tests weren't that tough. Idk what it's like there now. I'm at Pueblo now and if they ever go to emissions I will register it out of state. Just have to carry insurance in the state it's registered. Craig

2012 CCLB 4wd dually, 3.73, 68rfe, Fass, Deleted, EFI engine/trans tuning, BD IH SXE 363/80/.91 w/ebrake, 4" turbo back/51" Quiet Tone. DD and tow vehicle.
Olde too soon... Schmart too late!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Cummins Fan

They Check

Im in Adams county. Just moved here from Durango and took my truck in to get it smogged. It failed for not having a dpf. everything else looks stock, so apparently they check pretty good.

Red 2008 MC 3500 SRW, 6spd Manual, Leveling Kit, Firestone RideRite Air Bags, 35" Toyo MTs, 4.10 rear end, 4x4, 42' Voltage Toy Hauler pulled on 24k Superglide.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 12:54 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Go into a diesel performance shop and ask them your options... you will pay for it but they can get it to pass 'as is.' Don't ask, don't tell.

'13 Mega 2500 | missing a few emission parts | S&B CAI | 5" TBE w/ 30" FTE | BullyDog GTX | EFI by Hardway | Bilstein 5100's x4| RC 2.5 Level | 20x9 +1 Fuel Assaults | 35x11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers | 5% Tint |
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Diesel Freak

If you have a friend that lives in another county just register it there.
I live out of city limits in El Paso so we don't need it. But the city most definitely does.
Sorry, a bit late, I know. Future reference.

+300k Mile 04.5 Mutt QCLB 4x4 NV5600 - ...in progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*63/65 Tater. 90 DragonFlys. 110# Springs. 85 over CP3. Single Valair. AD2 with Dual Sump. SmartyS06.*

Last edited by DieselFan808; 12-26-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode