Member Truck Images Please!! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Chapter Forums Chapters by State

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Member Truck Images Please!!

Okay, so I wanna tweak the chapter logo. The one I came up with uses a truck that worked at the time, but really isn't genre correct, nor a current member's ride. So.....

I would like to have images EMAILED (not PM'd) to me by members who have the ability to take a hi-res picture (at LEAST 1000 pixels) Each member should send me 3 images, one straight on, one from a left angle and one from a right angle. The best way to shoot automobiles is to take the picture away from the normal viewing angle. I would like the images to be taken from close to the ground looking up at the vehicle at angle that roughly shows the entire side, but makes the front end prominant. Looking at the example logo you will see what I am after. So use that, but include shots of both side angles and a straight on, again, from a lower vantage point.

Once I accumulate enough images, I will put up a poll and let everyone decide which trio to use. I would like to see a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen truck all three in the logo, and in a perfect world, all of the same color and roughly the same exterior look as pertaining to tire size and lift if applicable. After we vote on it, a new proof will be available to critique. This logo is important, as it will be the unified logo for ALL the chapters and will be used in a lot of mediums.

Thanks guys

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:17 PM
2001shrtbedcummins

can I link em to you on my photobucket? If not I'll just email em then...guess I'll just email em
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Just make sure the resolution is big enough....and yes email would be better. 3rd party hosting destroys the quality. Thanks Phil

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
2001shrtbedcummins

how do I check resolution size I have a 6mp camera... I'm lost at that advanced stuff
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

They should be big enough. If you have any of them on your computer now, just right click on one from windows explorer or similair, then click properties. A window should pop up with a size in pixels. Unless you're shooting at low quality 6mp, the size should be good. The bigger the better.

Chris
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:36 PM
2001shrtbedcummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by got...DIESEL? View Post
They should be big enough. If you have any of them on your computer now, just right click on one from windows explorer or similair, then click properties. A window should pop up with a size in pixels. Unless you're shooting at low quality 6mp, the size should be good. The bigger the better.

Chris
okay well see what you think of the ones I sent
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

those are lookin good Phil, the size is good. The vegetation in the foreground kinda hides some of the truck, and will make it difficult to crop the truck out of the photo, but they are good angles. Try another round maybe on a little less distracting back/foreground, and give me one straight on from down low.

Anyone else?

Chris
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 PM
2001shrtbedcummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by got...DIESEL? View Post
those are lookin good Phil, the size is good. The vegetation in the foreground kinda hides some of the truck, and will make it difficult to crop the truck out of the photo, but they are good angles. Try another round maybe on a little less distracting back/foreground, and give me one straight on from down low.

Anyone else?

Chris
Okay I'll take some more tomorrow...was trying to figure something out on the camera when I took those...but I'll take more tomorrow.I think like a stock height 2nd gen on the right...stock 1st gen on left and lifted 3rd gen head on.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Chris, let me wash the baby tomorrow and I will get you some pics. My camera will take pics at 2-3 meg. that are very clear. Can your email handle pics that big?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

I can handle it Raynor.

Got both your emails today Brad, looks awesome, good vantage points and all three angles.

Keep 'em coming boys....your truck will be immortalized forever from coast to coast in living final and thread LOL

Chris
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Diesel Head

man.........this makes me wish my mom hadnt broken my camera, the only pics i have of it are located on photobucket........damnit!!!

Silver 2001.5 Ram 2500 Cummins H.O. 6 spd.
Silencer ring MIA, FASS 150/95 GPH, Boost Elbow, Edge Comp, AutoMeter Boost Pyro and Fuel Pressure gauges, LBDP 5" Turbo Back Exhaust w/ 6" Flo-Pro tip, Amsoil Nanofiber 4510 Air intake filter, 20% Tint, B&M Racing T handle shift knob, Kenwood speakers front and rear
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
There are certain colors that work better than other too right? Like a black truck would be no good, and I think it is red that is also another bad color to try to print.

Rick

2000 6.7 CR CUMMINS

https://shop.firepunk.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode