2013+ ball joints - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Carli Suspension

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
IMHO And Guess is, you have a few Less than Knowledgeable Mechanics who love getting paid to work on your truck. Giving you direction about something they know very little about but ensure future business by recommending inferior products.

2006 Blue Laramie DRW. 3500 5.9 G56 Mobil Delvac 50, Tans Cool PTO Covers, GDP Fuel Boss, GDP Double-X Ladder Bars, GPD big line kit, GDP MK-2 Fuel filter kit with CAT UHE 416 1225, GDP Power-Flo Intake Manifold, Throttle Up Industries Dual Fuel Filters, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cool Hose, Timbrens, 26k with Horses in Trailer, ................... BBi's .5 Towing Injectors WOW!
Carli Ball Joints
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Whatever you think!!!!
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:08 PM

If the repair shop I went to was dishonest then why would the shop put my truck on a rack and show me the issues? Why would the repair shop go even further to put the removed Carli ball joints in a box and put them on my front seat? The repair shop could have easily told me they threw them in the trash and kept them if the shop thought they were good.
If Carli Suspension really thought these ball joints were good then Carli would have asked for them back or offered to buy them back. None of that happened so therefore I think the ball joints are worn out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
I'm offering to buy them and I'll send them straight to Dan to have them checked out. You'll make some money back on them and I'll get the ball joints I want. It's a win-win for both of us

2015 2500 Laramie MegaCab Sport 4x4 / Carli Pintop / 38" Toyo MT / TrailReady BL20 / 4.56 gears / 48swap / Fleece / S&S / Calibrated Addiction
IAFF Local 1550
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Dan @ Carli

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahtrapper View Post
IMHO And Guess is, you have a few Less than Knowledgeable Mechanics who love getting paid to work on your truck. Giving you direction about something they know very little about but ensure future business by recommending inferior products.
This is usually the case. They don't know at what they're looking as they're used to the plastic-lined cheaper ball joints. They pull the uppers apart and see wear on one side of the head of the pin and think it's problematic not understanding it's a floating king-pin that's loaded to one side. It's exactly what makes materials so important and our's so strong, we have a second wear surface in the upper. Factory and cheaper alternatives only ride on the shaft, there is no wear surface on the head of the upper to even examine which is why it throws them for a loop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Carli Suspension 3" Long Arm Dominator - Torsion Sway Bar - Full Leaf Springs - Ball Joints - Axle Truss | TaterBuilt 62/65 341 | Smarty S06 | Randy's Transmissions Stage 2 | Isspro Performax EGT-Trans-Fuel-Boost | FASS 165 | S&B Intake & Horn | AMP | Redneck Rams Hydro Assist | Ballistic Fab Diff Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode