2013 ECM unocked but no tech support - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Bully Dog Technologies

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I understand where he is coming from. Want to tune your truck and there is no other option out. That's why I had gone with bullydog for my 2012 1500 at the time. I will agree that their customer service is lacking, once you get a hold of them they are very helpful. In his other thread he mentioned that he messed up on shipping that's why he is in the predicament he's in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L hemi. 2" RCX Level and 1.5" Supreme Suspension Rear Spacers. 35x12.5x18 Federal Cougaria MT'S, 275/65R20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT AT on Stock Black 20's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
maybe try using the instructions for macs that just let you download the zip file and extract it onto the card. there are different instructions for that but it will still work on a pc and will bypass their software.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,667 Posts
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darederek View Post
maybe try using the instructions for macs that just let you download the zip file and extract it onto the card. there are different instructions for that but it will still work on a pc and will bypass their software.
This right here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

I will try that tomorrow. see if it a different version than the update adgent has.

I did not really go into this blind or anyting. they are the only option. I used the discount $650 for the unlock. I bought the correct tuner. there was just nothing in any of there info that stated to get the 2013 specific update you would have to deal with a physical person. Do to bad weather and logictics the stuff just ended up a couple days later than planned. hard to control the weather.

I know it may seem like I am whinning or someting I just think to run a discount on a product arount the holidays that seems to me so far requires you to contact them but have no resource to do that just leaves the customer hanging. even though some of you may think I am beign a crybaby and who knows maybe I am but when I called this am and heard after the first of the year I was like really? then again where I work we operate helicopters globally there is always support of some kind on call the idea of just a week where nobody could contact anyone is just wierd to me.

now maybe there will be a workaround I can find and it is more of me being a dumass.

everybody did warn me it was a risk but ther is no other option right now. so I will piss and moan, whine and cry and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

2013 2500 Laramie MC 8" PP lift, 38 toyo MT, amp steps, revmax S550, 4.56 gears, PPEI EFI live, insight cs, 2015 challenger hellcat
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

well the MAC user zip file was the same version 1143 as what the update agent said it was applying to the card so my hopes are not high ha ha.

2013 2500 Laramie MC 8" PP lift, 38 toyo MT, amp steps, revmax S550, 4.56 gears, PPEI EFI live, insight cs, 2015 challenger hellcat
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts View Post
well the MAC user zip file was the same version 1143 as what the update agent said it was applying to the card so my hopes are not high ha ha.
If this is a 2013 6.7 Cummins I thought the rumor on this forum is that there is not a after market tune for this yet, and no one knows when one will come out for sure.

2013 Ram 2500 ccsb 4x4 slt 6.7 Cummins 68rfe tranny , Toyo Mt 285/75/17 tires, 17x9 Worx 803 Black Beast, amber cab lights, black tube steps, Front black winch bumper from proline in Prineville, Oregon, 2 inch leveling kit, KJB monomax shocks, red and blue pin stripes, 4 American flag 4x4 stickers on the side rear panels and the front panels (fenders) of my white truck (White Ox)
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram3500bg View Post
If this is a 2013 6.7 Cummins I thought the rumor on this forum is that there is not a after market tune for this yet, and no one knows when one will come out for sure.
It exists they have it. Another guy has it on his tuner but his ECM was not back yet. Like I said I talked to them when I purchased the ECM unlock I just need the right file and there closed till after the new year.

Read a couple posts down they talk about the tune.

Last edited by hognuts; 12-24-2013 at 09:53 PM.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
It exists they have it. Another guy has it on his tuner but his ECM was not back yet. Like I said I talked to them when I purchased the ECM unlock I just need the right file and there closed till after the new year.

Read a couple posts down they talk about the tune.
Bully said they have 13' tuning.

I was not trying to be rude, it is just in your first post you did not mention a tuner only the PCM unlock. My apologies for making any assumptions.

I hope you can get the tuner file you need. Best chance is to find a guy with a functioning 13' GT diesel..

As for the closure times, bully isn't quite on the level of avionic/aerospace so not at all surprised they would take some time off. Still best of luck!

2010 RAM 3500 Crew Longbed DRW - CTS2 & ISSPRO EV2 monitoring stuff & some RED parts in the trans. "It is just a tow rig..."

Last edited by SASdakota; 12-24-2013 at 10:09 PM.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASdakota View Post
Bully said they have 13' tuning.

I was not trying to be rude, it is just in your first post you did not mention a tuner only the PCM unlock. My apologies for making any assumptions.

I hope you can get the tuner file you need. Best chance is to find a guy with a functioning 13' GT diesel..

As for the closure times, bully isn't quite on the level of avionic/aerospace so not at all surprised they would take some time off. Still best of luck!

I contacted him and tech support updated his through a chat session.

Ha ha I work in aviation but we are operators so we are global 24/7 operation. Many of our vendors though do close. I will be back on Thursday.

I

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Joe @ Dudeís Diesel Performance

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Duner View Post
I'm not hating (not sure what i have to hate about). I didnt mean to come across that way. But there is a reason bully dog has a bad rep in the 6.7 world. It just seems like you bought blind. There is any support from them even if it wasn't the holidays. Good luck and merry Christmas.
How did he buy blind? He bought everything that is required to tune a '13 Cummins... How can he help the fact that Bullydog dropped the ball by not putting '13s on the update list... This seems too that he is the 1st to purchase the ECM unlock because Bullydog is evidentially unaware they don't even support the '13 update...

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
Romans 10:13
See what we are up to on:
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
Or Email me at:
[email protected]
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,667 Posts
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
did you download it?

1143 is the firmwear version, not the tune version... If the download is the entire/complete SD card for 1143, it should have the 13 files on it.

Your tuner has never had 13 files on it. It has never been loaded to a 13, so the automatic updater won't know that you're updating for a 13.

It's a long shot. They might not have updated the full download with the 13 files yet.

But I would download it and see if you have 13 files in there
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
did you download it?

1143 is the firmwear version, not the tune version... If the download is the entire/complete SD card for 1143, it should have the 13 files on it.

Your tuner has never had 13 files on it. It has never been loaded to a 13, so the automatic updater won't know that you're updating for a 13.

It's a long shot. They might not have updated the full download with the 13 files yet.

But I would download it and see if you have 13 files in there
I just put it on the card. no 13 truck in the list.

so looks like I will be waiting a week unless I can get someone to do me a solid and hook me up why they are closed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode