When to start a build thread, or do yo - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
When to start a build thread, or do yo

As the title dictates, when would you guys start a build thread, or would you? During my searching for various parts of my Dodge build, as well as many of the other projects I tend to do, I run across many great starts to a build that dead ends. I also run into overly large build threads, then the one thing I want to see the outcome for gets lost in a sea of comments, then pages later little or no completion to it. Recently I have fallen behind on my build and have thought starting a build thread would give me some motivation, not that having my tow rig back and relieve my overworked 1/2ton isn't incentive enough, to finish. The problem I have is that I jump around so much with all I have to do on the farm, that one day I put in a couple hours on modifying my core support, to rebuilding my brake system, to a couple minutes when I am near the shop working interior mods or custom bodywork, etc. I think that I would be better with individual threads on each job that I update on a job for job basis. On a related note, I usually have my phone on me and use it a lot for pictures for my farm page, how would I put the pics from it onto this site?

Thanks, Greg.

1990 D250- *Under reconstruction* Getrag, 3.73 LS GM AAM 1150, HVLP lift pump, 366 spring, THD Fuel Pin, 2nd gen rad & intercooler, he351ve, 60# valve springs
1997 2500 SLT- 4x4 ECLB, 47re, 241dld, LS D80 swap, Rambrake EB

Last edited by WyldeRyde; 08-11-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Hit wrong button and posted before done writing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 05:34 PM
BC Chapter Executive

I'd say do whatever works for you...and upload the pictures to photobucket, and use photobucket in the threads to show pictures - seems to work best

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Arien
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 12:58 AM
Diesel Head

I've never done a 'my build' thread, I did the odd thread on something I did but not for a long time since I haven't really done anything earth shattering on it and most of what I have done was a long time ago.

Most people that do these "my awesome build threads" seem to have no limit to the money they can spend on their truck, specially the guys who start out with brand new $70k trucks then blow another 30 grand on them. Not sure bout you but that's definitely not me.

I have no interest in those threads but really I don't venture outside this chapter or the 3rd gen sections too much. If I was looking at a newer truck I might browse through the 4th gen sections.

I also use Photobucket for posting pics.

VA7 WRI
06 QC 3500 stick, DiPricol, stock airbox mod, Silver Bullet EFI, Pac Brake, Airlift, AD100, SB OFE, Kore, Thuren, MetalCloak, Bilstein, BD; 295/70R18 Cooper AT MAXX on 2014 factory 18's; 07 Komfort 274TS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks for the tips on the photobucket. After the past few days I don't think I would do a build thread, I jump around way too much on everything around my place and my truck and helping out friends and family to focus on something non-essential. I agree on the "epic builds," if I spent 100grand on a vehicle it better be done and something I can rely on with the abuse I put my vehicles through. I need to rebuild my Dodge after I broke it and had to get a 5 ton, my wife's Liberty is used as much as most folks use their half tons and my 1/2 ton Ford has basically taken up the slack from not having the diesel and is showing the signs from the use. Thanks guys, Greg.

1990 D250- *Under reconstruction* Getrag, 3.73 LS GM AAM 1150, HVLP lift pump, 366 spring, THD Fuel Pin, 2nd gen rad & intercooler, he351ve, 60# valve springs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Diesel Head

The way I plan on doing mine is do the build, take lots of pics, then do a start to finish thread in the middle of the night when no one can interrupt with comments lol that way the next guy reading can get a good idea of the build and all the questions come after, not throughout. If you have questions while building do little specific threads on the side or pm people on here
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks ctdthrasher, that sounds like the best idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that... I guess that's why I asked for help. I just don't know about the midnight marathon photo posting. By the by, I don't like to ask lots of questions, I think my google-fu I pretty good. A lot of question I have had tend to have been answered or started somewhere on the internets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode