Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Diesel Filled Veins!

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout2000 View Post
Possibly the best post in the thread.

Regarding your closing sentence, not sure if I should wish you luck or not. Been driving for 43 years now (no CDL or anything like that), and in the right vehicle, driving fast is just pure adrenaline.

Ultimately, age (if something else doesn't beat it to the punch) will catch up with us all, including me, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

When towing with my Dodge, however, I do typically drive at a slower velocity. There is one law that I also choose to follow that I see in most states, that I feel is a big safety item and significantly more important that the speed limit, the "slower traffic keep right" one. Just because I can't move fast doesn't mean that those who can, shouldn't "make the kessel run in under 12 parsec's", or how ever the quote goes.
Unless you're a perfect driver, we can all use some work on our driving discipline. And no, having never had an accident does NOT mean you're a good driver. I've been assessed my driving habits as a work requirement to drive company vehicles. I scored a mere 6/10 because I have work to do. Such things as slowing down BEFORE the speed limit sign drops the speed, speeding up AFTER the speed limit sign has increased the speed limit. I'm a decent driver, but I can always improve.

NO K&N AIR FILTER LINK 2017 Crew Cab Long Box. Aisin, OEM air bags, BD steering brace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman76 For This Useful Post:
Gunny Fitz (02-23-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Devil Dog Diesel

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking Stfu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
(Radar detector does no such thing. Please. I first used one in 1975).

I recommended testing several times, didnít I.

Iím a professional driver. Itís that old, ďIíve forgotten more than youíll ever knowĒ thing.

TEST!

For the second time: Traffic volume determines the average mph. Spacing of your vehicle is paramount, thus it is the control.

On a trip under 300-miles, you wonít save beans.

Driving like the Third Worlders is the answer? Are you EVER within 200í of other vehicles? What do you do to increase that space?

Or, WHAT ARE YOU GETTING PAID TO RISK IT?

Yaíll are rationalizing bad behavior that not only doesnít pay, youíre spending for nothing in return EXCEPT the consequences of high risk behavior.

Wow

Make no mistake Iím glad no member of my family rides those so witless.

And, Gunny, no, drive this way and youíre not ever a guy Iíd trust with a firearm.

The two things are the same.
LMFAO!!

You Slowmover, have absolutely no idea what my "High Risk Behavior" has consisted of in my lifetime - And it certainly has absolutely nothing in the world to do with the use of a friggin Radar Detector of all things. Your Screen Name clearly reflects your perception of reality. Your ridiculously inane comments, computation, and condescending opinion within this particular thread shall not bait me. Personally, I have zero interest whether you trust me with a firearm or not. (Censoring my own response) Nor does it have anything whatsoever to do with the speed of my vehicle - "Trust Me" - Unfortunately, I know the difference between the two!

Therefore, unless you've chewed the same dirt I have -, you should perhaps accept the majority and continue to remain outside of the passing lane "SlowMover."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode