Weedahoe 3rd Gen Double Din Nav Bezel - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Accessories & Installations Exterior, Interior & Electrical Accessories help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Weedahoe 3rd Gen Double Din Nav Bezel

I have a 2006 with a single cd/radio and have been wanting to upgrade to a nav unit for a while now. I finally had the chance to do it after our tax refund came in.

Stock/Before:

Finding a nav unit wasn't too hard. I selected a Pioneer Avic Z150BH. But finding a bezel was. I wanted a nav bezel that allowed me to keep the top pocket but the stock Dodge nav doesn't do that. I stumbled across some threads and photos from guys who've modified their regular bezel to fit a nav unit and keep the top pocket. That was what I wanted. Since I don't have the skills to do that, I shopped it out.

Mike Paustain, "Weedahoe" is what he goes by online, is who I found for the job. Here's his site: TrickedOut DodgeRam Bezels

After looking through his site and his youtube channel for specifics on what I was getting for the cost, I decided to pull the trigger.

Mike was easy to get a hold of. I comm'd through email as it is easiest for me. I got my order submitted, confirmed and paid. The hardest part was waiting for it's arrival.

The box was delivered and the bezel was well packed. Having been a small business owner who's dealt with packing and shipping custom goods, I know a good pack/ship job when I see one. Mike does a good pack/ship job. As a customer you get a great value in that alone. I did order the brackets & security screws. I paid for the convenience on this and was happy to do so. Mike already did the leg work on it. One less thing for me to do.

I had my local installer do the nav install. Working on electrical with one hand is frustrating and well, I had money in pocket. Dropped the truck off in the morning, they got started around 930am-10am. I picked it up that afternoon at 530pm. They did a solid job.

After:

No trim ring needed:

Overall I'm happy to have this done. Been needing the nav/bluetooth upgrade and I got to splurge and finally get it. The truck is finally free of the faux wood grain. Looking at a different dash bezel makes it feel like a new truck. I think I ordered the color a shade darker than matching, so the mismatch is my fault But not a big deal. They make dash paint and seat covers

Anyone considering a double din upgrade, consider Weedahoe's custom 3rd gen double din nav bezel.

2006 Ram 2500 QCSB 4x4 48RE 3.73 285/70R17 AT3s H2s GDP MK2 Thuren 2" Coils Fox 2.0 & Track Bar N62'd "AF" steering Custom Diesel Brace MaxxLinks Modded stock airbox Coolhose 4040XL

Last edited by Shorts; 04-29-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: More pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 06:20 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a solution just like this. Thanks for posting!

08 6.7L 2500 QCSB Inferno + Line-X Xtra bed and rocker panels, Jackrabbit Cover, AMP Research Power Steps, Kenwood DNX891HD with Maestro interface, slight bump over stock to 285/70r17 BFGs.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 12:11 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Cummins2500 View Post
Looking for a solution just like this. Thanks for posting!
Check these guys out who do this same stuff and more like tablet installs

www.facebook.com/CosmicCreationsAlbanyGA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Cummins Fan

Clean install!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 10:54 PM

I'm about to change out my stereo and this looks like a better idea than a new bezel and double-din adapter. How long did it take from order to receiving the finished product?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirk View Post
I'm about to change out my stereo and this looks like a better idea than a new bezel and double-din adapter. How long did it take from order to receiving the finished product?
Yeah I am curious about the turn around on the product. I am hoping to do this sometime this year.

07' Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6sp 3250 SB DD, EFI Live by Anarchy Diesel
Thuren/Carli/Kore Suspended, Fass 95, AFE Stage 2, 5 Autometer Factory Match Gauges, 4" TB, Traction Bars, Rockstars w/35" Toyo MTs, Road Armor Bumper...more to come
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue11 View Post
Yeah I am curious about the turn around on the product. I am hoping to do this sometime this year.
PM sent to you
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedahoe View Post
Check these guys out who do this same stuff and more like tablet installs

www.facebook.com/CosmicCreationsAlbanyGA
isnt that your own page/company?

2004.5 2500/QCSB/SLT/48RE/Goerend Billet 15SS/4WD/3.73's/35-12.50-17E Ironman All Country M-T/Chrome Moto Metal 962 17x10 -24/HBS 2.5" Front & Thuren Adj Shackles Rear/ Rough Country Shocks, Dual Stabilizer & Adj Control Arms/ Synergy Steering & Adj Track Bar/Air Raid Dry/GDP Filter & Big Line Kit/4" Stainless-Turbo Back/Bush Whackers/DeeZee Bars/Bull Bar & 300W LED Light Bar/Android Double DIN Radio With Kicker Amp & JBL's/Smarty S06 & Edge CTS2 Insight
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox66 View Post
isnt that your own page/company?
Used to be. I sold everything at the end of last year to two other guys who are still doing it. I'll do an occasional piece on request but I went to back to work doing DoD contracts. Much less headache.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 10:19 PM
Diesel Head

Thank you. Seemed kind of odd to promote your own business in 3rd person like that lol. Makes sense now

2004.5 2500/QCSB/SLT/48RE/Goerend Billet 15SS/4WD/3.73's/35-12.50-17E Ironman All Country M-T/Chrome Moto Metal 962 17x10 -24/HBS 2.5" Front & Thuren Adj Shackles Rear/ Rough Country Shocks, Dual Stabilizer & Adj Control Arms/ Synergy Steering & Adj Track Bar/Air Raid Dry/GDP Filter & Big Line Kit/4" Stainless-Turbo Back/Bush Whackers/DeeZee Bars/Bull Bar & 300W LED Light Bar/Android Double DIN Radio With Kicker Amp & JBL's/Smarty S06 & Edge CTS2 Insight
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 PM

That's great. So who would I be filing the complaint with for never receiving my piece? I spent 308$ buying a custom piece from you that I never received and you kept my money!? This was after I received the wrong piece not once, but twice from you, both times of which I had to spend my own time and money taking those incorrect orders to the post office to be sent back to you as you requested. I've recently tried numerous times through email and phone call to contact you but have been ignored. What would you be doing if you were in my shoes and had your money stolen! Luckily I just worked with my banks fraud department and they credited my money back fortunately. This being 9 months and a horrible disaster later.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCumminsD View Post
That's great. So who would I be filing the complaint with for never receiving my piece? I spent 308$ buying a custom piece from you that I never received and you kept my money!? This was after I received the wrong piece not once, but twice from you, both times of which I had to spend my own time and money taking those incorrect orders to the post office to be sent back to you as you requested. I've recently tried numerous times through email and phone call to contact you but have been ignored. What would you be doing if you were in my shoes and had your money stolen! Luckily I just worked with my banks fraud department and they credited my money back fortunately. This being 9 months and a horrible disaster later.
Yes, you were shipped the wrong piece not once but twice and yes I have made you very aware that the correct piece was shipped to you. Unfortunately you waited MONTHS later to let me know this when at that point it is almost impossible to track down. The carrier doesnt remember a box from months ago when they deal with X amount everyday. I distinctively remember our conversations and I vividly remember sending you your piece for a 3rd time. But again, waiting months later makes it hard to track down. You were also made aware the a special unit in the PO was researching it trying to find out what happened and where it went or was delivered. Unfortunately, I work a government contract where we cannot have phones on our person (because of cameras) and I work 6 days a week at 12 shifts making it almost impossible to take a phone call. You were also made aware of this as well. Im sorry if you think someone is ignoring you but that is not the case. I also have told you that the guys wanted to send you ANOTHER piece but you did not want to do that. Out of probably 1000 pieces I shipped a year, none, not one was NOT delivered. A few occasionally might get their damaged but everything is delivered. Not even an insurance claim can be filed because of it being so long ago. Last year (2014) I shipped 966 pieces and somehow you were the only one who didnt get it and unfortunately only months later am I notified. No one shafted you. Yes there were shipping mistakes but the piece was sent. But waiting months later makes it impossible to track. If you have been emailing me, you must have the wrong email address and if you have called, you certainly havent left a voicemail. If you would like, you can PM me your number and I will do my best to call you but all I can do is reiterate what has been said here. But again, i can talk to Scott and get him to ship you a new piece again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode