24v tuners - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
24v tuners

I have a 2002 24v, is there any plug in and play tuners available? if so, what are the best ones to run? -Bridger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,080 Posts
Plenty of choices... It will come down to how much much power you're looking to gain and how much money you want to spend. Edge products have been around forever. I have the Edge EZ which is a mere 65 hp / 180 tq gain at the wheels. And some people would consider that as a waste of time... The extreme level of tune-ability and maximum power is going to be the Quad Adrenaline.

Dont overlook the advantages of different injectors either.

'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd w/Fastcoolers, Mag-Hytec, EZ, RV275's, 4" w/o muffler, South Bend, Steering brace, aFe, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, FP, and EGT on pillar, Westach Trans/Diff temp gauge in dash pod, Raptor 100 w/ 1/2" line, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000, 285's
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:32 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,367 Times in 1,299 Posts
Do not if they are still available but I have had a BD Plug -n-Power(aka Van Aaken) unit. Has worked great for17 years

99 2500, Quad cab, 4x4 47RE, BD pressure lock on it, small BD 90/140 chip on the VP 44 connection plug, 17" 3rd gen wheels. 3.55 diffs. Ruenell front bumper and warn winch, Rancho adj shocks. 663k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:34 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

I've had a Smarty programmer (60hp) and a TST Comp (180 hp wiretap) together for at least a decade and both have been problem free and run very strong together.

All depends on how much money you want to spend, how much power you're looking for and what features you desire. Quadzilla starts at $600, Smarty is $650, TST is $650, don't remember what the Edge products cost. There are others out there too.

02 2500 4X4, reg cab shorty, 3.55, Smarty/TST, 75 over 62, 150 inj, 5" exh, 12" lift on 20" 34's, Goerend billet triple disc auto, Yukon hub/bearing kit
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:06 AM
Cummins Nut

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I've run the Edge EZ, Edge Comp and currently run an Edge Juice CTS tuner. They are all good tuners depending on your budget and power goals. I used a Smarty S03 for a bit as well. If you have the time and skill, the Quadzilla Adrenaline will net you the best results. It allows you to tweak almost every aspect of the VP44 pump. I ran one for awhile but I was having a bunch of connection issues and have very little patience for mechanical things that don't work as they should. I had lots of help in trying to figure it out but in the end I gave up and went back to an Edge. That being said, I certainly don't try to talk people out of trying it. If my current Edge ever craps out, I may try it again someday.

2001 Ram QC SLT 4X4 5.9/AT(Built) BHAF, Pusher, FASS150, 4" DP, 5" Aussies, built transmission, GS gauges, steering brace, EJWA-CTS2, BD Stealth cover, turnbuckle mod, Fire Truck horn, 4th gen tow mirrors, 3rd gen brakes, switchbacks, high/3cyl switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode