Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Any experience with Geno's poly trans mount?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bigfish95971 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the Geno's garage polyurethane transmission mount? I had some BAD hopping when towing heavy so I got a one piece driveshaft. It's WAY better but I can still grab the output on the t-case and move it back and fourth pretty far by hand. The stock mount isn't torn or anything, I'm not sure how much deflection it's supposed to have.
I don't want to waste $100 if the poly mount vibrates like crazy or tears easily.

#3 ·
i have that on mine, i lost my mount when rebuilding my truck frame up - got it for like 80 bucks i think with a coupon code. dosent feel any different to me than the fairly new factory mount i had on there before *shrug*. i have new engine mounts on as well. my Tcase has very little play in it. maybe... 1.5 degrees or so, i rebuilt it about 500 miles ago due to it having massive play and major issues in 4x4

#4 ·
i just replaced mine...the stocker seemed ok when moving by hand, removed cross member to replace t case seal, and the mount fell out.

new one feels way better, but i plan to weld mine old one solid and use as a spare.

#5 ·
Welding may break your aluminum case. Components that move and have torque need cushion where attached to non moving parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.