Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Starter spacer broke

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  WillM 
#1 ·
Hello all, in the middle of a project on the truck yesterday and noticed that my starter bolts were loose and after further examination the plastic spacer between the starter and the trans adapter is broke in several spots...

Looking online I can find what looks to be the correct spacer but it says it's for the nv4500 with the nv5600 flywheel. I've got the full nv5600 and have 3 mounting bolts like the picture shows. What I'm finding is the valair spacer for around $65. Is this the spacer I need or can someone point me in a better direction?

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I just went through this with my 2002 6 speed. Yes it's the same spacer. I had the same question and could not get it answered, so I took the leap of faith and ordered the spacer you are talking about. It fits like a glove.
I have no idea why they don't list it for the 6 speed trucks too, it's the same spacer.

Reactions: greybeast
#4 ·
Another option, i was unable to source one locally, and needed to find one when i swapped my 02 form auto to a NV5600. O'reily's had them with their flywheels. as a kit. Was able to get them to let me buy the flywheel kit, and return it minus the spacer because "It was missing parts" when they couldn't find a way to let me buy just the spacer. You might be able to do the same.

#9 ·
Are you saying that you stole the spacer and trashed the kit?

#12 ·
Loko223 raise hell if someone pulled that stunt on him.

Many times I've spent hard earned money on parts kits just because I need 1 part, and save the rest to get someone else out of a bind needing parts, or for myself.
Lord knows I need plenty of spare parts on hand since I own two '91.5z Cummings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.