NV5600 Swap for 47re - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
NV5600 Swap for 47re

I have a few questions for some guys that have done this swap. I found a Nv5600 trans with clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, flex plate, steel crossmember to hold trans and transfer case, pcm for a standard, heavy duty slave/master cylinder for clutch, and a 3 pedal setup.

I've done nv4500 swap but this nv5600 I found looks alright. The seller wants $3500 for whole swap, but the clutch has some hot spots due to he pulled the truck a few times, clutch is a dual disk Kenny pulling, I already have a 3 pedal setup out of an 99' with nv4500, but it is the same?
Would i be payin to much from someone who has already done this swap?

The trans has new bearings and short throw shifter. The nv5600 came out of an 01' with the ho engine. He also has no transfer due to he already sold it, would the auto one work, 271d is in mine, and he also has ecm for the truck too, could I use mine or use the other one due to it came out of a standard, really shouldnt matter but Please anyone that can put any input would help a ton, and if anyone has more questions to ask about it, please do. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,306 Posts
Do not know what years you are talking about , but use your ecm. If he includes anything take it you can always sell it. You will need his PCM and you may need an additional harness(s), You may be able to surface the fly wheel or clutch.
Do not know what transfer case he had , but yours is a 241 DHD or DLD, DHD had the TO access plate and DLD did not . It is also n the round tag or your glove box sticker.
You will have to talk to a gear shop about the transfer case. I suspect that either will work but you will have to change the input gear to the TC to match your trani. Spline count, 23 or 29. Your auto should be 23. Length 4 1/4" or 5" and bearing size(narrow or wide. Mu 99 241DHD auto has the 23 spl, wide bearing and short shaft.

You will have to figure out which shaft the 5600 TC would have in the TC.

Remember it has a pilot bearing in it . They are not hard to do the actual gear change. Don't know if a 271 has a CAD actuator or not.
Have not done the conversions. Have done the transfer case a few times and you might consider new clutches or output shaft spline in the auto OD while there. It comes out separately from trani if needed.

99 2500, Quad cab, 4x4 47RE, BD pressure lock on it, small BD 90/140 chip on the VP 44 connection plug, 17" 3rd gen wheels. 3.55 diffs. Ruenell front bumper and warn winch, Rancho adj shocks. 663k miles.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 05:07 AM
Diesel Head

It shouldn't be much different than a NV4500 swap. You might be able to get away without the PCM swap. I didn't have to do anything when I swapped in my 4500. But some trucks don't care other do. Just change out the input shaft on the T-case and bolt it up.

2000 Ram 2500 QCLB-Quadzilla Adrenaline, FASS Titanium 95 GPH, 4 Inch Diamond Eye Duals Donalson M090544, BHAF, MoparMan Crank Case Vent Mod, NV4500 swap, SB3250-6, DAP 7x0.010, 4th Gen Center Console, Optima Yellow Tops, DAP HD Pushrods

FIL - 07.5 Ram 2500 Megacab - Ctrl Alt Deleted/ 97 Ram 3500 2wd dually, remote fuel filter, Jacobs exhaust brake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

My truck is a 1999 Dodge 3/4 with the 4 speed auto, 241DHD. I mistyped, the spline should be the same, but the shaft could differ??
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Diesel Freak

You would need to replace the input to a 29spline. You could bag the input out of a dld or dhd as share the same inputs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode