Cummins Diesel Forum banner

WTB injectors and turbo

6K views 51 replies 9 participants last post by  RDieselZ 
#1 ·
I want to buy injectors and turbo. Truck is a DD/weekend warrior, tow rarely.

2000 QCSB 2500sport 47RE Auto

I’ve had 2ys.

Previous owner said he put money in the trans. And upgraded torque converter.

I know it has , Reman vp, 95 Fass, edge comp hot, stock injectors, hy stock turbo. S&b CAI, bank high ram intake, 4 inch straight exhaust. Will be dropping the comp and getting Quad ADR V2 with new injectors and turbo 👍

As part of the injectors and turbo upgrade Is there any other parts i will need? As in down pipe, exhaust manifold or head studs..ect ?

I was thinking these injectors and turbo.

DAP 225hp 7x0.012 VCO
Or
DAP 225hp 7x0.011 SAC

DAP Screaming Eagle SXE FMW 2nd Gen Fit 62/68/12 T3 Gated HX40SXE2G626812G40
Or
BD Killer B 1045163

What are your guys thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks for everyones knowledge, and please help me make my truck great again lol

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree with Stormin08, I think the lift pump might be a bite of an issue. I recently switched to vco injectors and like them more than my sac's FWIW. I would also agree with doing a package from DAP. You'll need a down pipe for either turbo, I would suggest studs just for the fact that with the quadzilla you can push the timing quiet a bit and don't want to lift the head.

Reactions: RDieselZ
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply stormin, and Sven. Yeah I thought my FASS 95 might be a lil small for them injectors.

Sven, what do you like about the VCO over the SAC? And what does FWIW mean?

You guys agree with the hx40 SXE 62/68/12 being a good fit for these injectors?

#5 ·
FWIW= for what it's worth (my opinion). The vco have less idle haze and seam to have less injector rattle, the rattle could just be because of the size change I made. The nice thing about going to the quadzilla is that you can pull fuel out of bigger injectors with tuning to fit your turbo sizing. This allows the injector to do the work compared to smaller injectors and having to run the vp super hard to get enough fuel when up on boost.

#6 ·
Sven, what size injectors did you have before the new injectors?

#7 ·
I had 7x.0095 sac and an edge juice

#9 ·
I'm running the 7 x .012's ( the op listed) on a he351ve and I am very happy and without any egt issues. provided you are not running the snot out of it with duration and wiretap I wouldn't see any issue.

At this point I would much rather have too much injector rather than too little.

#12 ·
My 7x.013 SAC(s) don't make as much power as the 8x.010 VCO(s) on the Test Hill....still working on different boost pressures.

#11 ·
I would not use a Holset HX40 turbo due to reported shaft breakage. The Borg Warner turbo will serve you well although I'm not familiar with the SXE 62-68-12...I think it's a Borg Warner. Since you're running an auto. trans., I'd want the turbo to spool up real quick to avoid smoking up slow speed areas.

#13 ·
So after your guys recommendations and thought, I’m leaning towards these mods...

ADR IQuad
165 Fass
ARP 247-4202
Crawler springs 68190-24
DAP 7x.012 VCO 225hp
DAP Screaming Eagle 62/68/12? or 14? What’s the cons/pros
New downpipe

Am I missing anything that should be in this listor changed? Do I need Manifolds?,Pushrods?, ect... I want to do this build right the first time!

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing your suggestions!

#14 ·
you don't need a manifold unless your's is cracked, you will need push rods with the springs

#15 ·
Sven, What brand # would you recommend?

#16 ·
i bought my push rods direct from manton, the 3/8 x .095 will work but the 7/16 x .120 are only about $10 more. I am also running the crower "neon" springs, I was told by manton that the 3/8 rods will deflect a tiny bit under that spring load but would work but for a few bucks more why not upgrade.

#17 ·
Should I get new spring retainers with the springs?

#18 ·
no need to replace

#19 ·
I went to Manton site and found the push rods. Am I wanting the 504 or 904#

#20 ·
I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but, is the iquadBT1000 the one with v2 tuning and for use with android for interface screen?

Also should I be requesting specific tunes with purchase of quad or can I install them later when needed?

Thanks

#22 ·
I want to buy one but I don’t understand if it comes with v2 or not? Do I have to request specifically for v2 and/or specific tunes at time of purchase in order for them to flash it before they send it to me.

I don’t want to buy it then have to send it back for something

#24 ·
Was going to buy it off eBay through DAP. So I don’t who I’d talk too for the V2 tuning..

#27 ·
Just ordered the quad. I don’t know when I will have time to get it installed but I will post back when I do. Now I need a android tablet...

#28 ·
#30 ·
Me78569, so the fire tablet will work? or should I look for something else? Do you have any recommendations? I’ve read forum of 30$ tablets being used but nobody stated what tablets...

I’ve never used a tablet so idk what is what...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.