Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Winter is comin

233 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  luketimmer 
#1 ·
I bought my 2000 1 ton Laramie quad 4x4 and I am having issues starting it. I have the block heater to plug it in but when I need to park at school theres no plug and I have issues getting it to start with it being so cold. Is there anything else that I could do to help it start easier besides new batteries? I'm testing those tomorrow. Is something wrong with my grid heater? The wait to start light will drag on for a while before I can start it too. I'd appreciate anything. Currently SOL. Sorry if this is in the wrong section I'm new.

#2 ·
Welcome, Tell me more.

Please fill out signature. What year, miles, mods trani, etc. What is "so cold" high and low?

When load testing batteries, do them disconnected and separately. Go to a tire store or shop, not parts or Walmart. Test no good of not done that way. How long does it sit before a problem starting?

The best thing to do is good diagnosis here before buying parts other than bad tested batteries.

#3 ·
So the transmission is an automatic and I'm not really sure how yo do the signature. I have trouble starting it at the end of school around 3 to 5 depending if I have to stay late for something. The later it is the harder it is. I will try to do that with the batteries. For how cold it is, its ranging from 5 to 32 F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.