Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Double Din Install in 2nd gen ram

36K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Hawaii_kO_rO 
#1 ·
Here is a few pics of my double din install using the kit from Amazon.

#33 ·
You cant connect your phone to the factory radio without wires going everywhere.
You cant play DVDs,
Cant watch YouTube vids
Cant access GPS thru factory radio
All things can be done keeping the factory radio, but you would have to buy a bunch of add on stuff...seperate GPS seperate 12v DVD player, etc.
When it is cheaper, more efficient and cleaner to just install a double-din.

#36 ·
This my custom modified bezel, looks like it came from the factory.

Reactions: Stormin08
#40 ·
Nice how did you do it? I'm thinking of using heat to try to bend my wood grain bezel to help it look less hacked. I have a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX on order and it's a full double din.

#37 ·
I bought the Pioneer AVH-3400nex. Fry's had a special for $300. The downside is it blocks my vents with the flip up screen. Has anyone tried to use heat or something to bend down the dash bezel so it doesn't look so bad if you have one of the wood trim ones? I like this radio but man i miss those vents in summer so I have to retract the screen :(

#39 ·
just an fyi...restarting the app doesnt load the tune.

once loaded, the apps is a gauge, youndont have to have it open to have the tune.

#43 ·
Of course last tune and power level will be saved in the programmer box under the hood. But regardless if u want to use the app to switch tunes or watch gauges if you need to restart it that’s what has to be done n it will still upload the peramiters everytime just the same. Any way my only point was I run my quad on my deck almost everyday it’s a perfect display of my gauges. Aloha

Reactions: Stormin08
#42 ·
It was done by my friend who owned the truck before me, he used plastic filler to re shape the area around the radio and then sanded and painted it with semi goss trim paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.