Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2005 F-350 P-Pump 24V Conversion

868 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  marco610 
#1 ·
My apologies if this is the wrong group or wrong catagory to place this but this is my first post.

I have a 2005 F-350 6.0L ZF6 4x4 truck that has lost it's last battle with the Powerstroke. I also have a 1999 3500 5.9L NV4500 4x4 truck that has lost it's last battle with the VP44.

Amongst other issues these two trucks are less than reliable, but both paid for. So my plan is to consolidate the two trucks into one reliable truck.

My goal here is to rebuild the 24V and mate a P7100 to it, to make it fully mechanical. "No more wiring problems." I would like to build the engine to make 550hp to 750hp to the wheels. I know that's a huge difference but I'm here to get recipes for a 550hp, 650hp, and 750hp P-Pump 24V. Depending on the recipes will determine what I go with. I plan on keeping my ZF6 and buying the adapter plate and clutch to mate the new engine to it, unless the NV4500 could handle the power better. This truck will be daily driving and used for farm work but also for play and vacation. I'm a powerstroke guy and coming from three in a row. This cummins is the first one I've owned and I've never been into it. So if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as what would be needed for these three different power levels and a good place to get the best parts I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
The zf6 will hold up much better then the nv45. 750hp will be pushing it still, especially if you tow at all. Mind you I’m at around 600hp with my zf6-750, I just take it easy while towing, so far so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.