Ram V10 To Cummins Swap - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I am doing a v10 swap and have the 91 12v in the truck thanks to your post but I still am vary confused on wiering the crank posishion sensor and I have 10 groves cut in the balancer I was hoping you could send me a wiering diagram or something texting preferred 19372444327

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax321 View Post
Added an intercooler

95 Cummins intercooler

All the mounting holes are there but i had to get a cummins radiator for it to fit, the lower port on the V10 radiator is to low and interferes with the intercooler. But with a Cummins intercooler and a PUSHER intake i got it all on.

Had to make new mounts for the AC condenser and Trans cooler but it all fit great.

can someone help me ? i have a 99 ram 2500 4x4 extended cab short box v10 4speed automatic truck with a blown engin "rod"@59,000 miles

i have a 2002 5.9 ism 235 engine only no trans from a wrecked truck that had a five speed Manuel . i thought everything was going to be there to do the swap without customization's "plug n play" but the wireing is completely dissimilar ! am wondering what more is needed to make the swap "correct"

as i am not trying to rig it up . its a nice low mile truck with no rust and solid 5.9 ism235?

the wire harness on the 5.9 is complete just nowhere for it to plug into ! is there any way i can use the v10 radiator and transmission and what all will need to be changed as far as the wiring /fuel system

anyone willing to help a long time dodge fan out is encourged to email me @ [email protected]
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Hey so you did awesome with the thread. Here's my question. I put an 89 12 valve in my 98 ram 2500 that was previously a v10 fuel hog. Everything works but I have no clue how to do the tachometer. I'm aware I need a tach sensor but no clue how to hook it up and do the cam sensor/ crank sensor stuff and the grooving of the harmonic balancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:18 PM

So I have a 94 ram 3500 4x4 with the v10 in it I have had it for years love the truck I bought a 98 with 24v in it to swap into my truck well I couldn’t get the ecm for it so had to scrap that plan I traded that truck for a complete 89 12v engine last year i have sense been gathering parts for the swap first question I have that I am not sure on is with the mounts on the frame work or do I have to move them I have a bran new tourqe converter and flex plate and second gen adapter plate I am going to put a 35 gallon bulk tank in the bed and not use the stock tank I was thinking on the charging issues I’ll put an older stand alone voltage reg in that way I don’t have to deal with the cutting more notches in the balancer is there any other things that I may run into I need to know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode