tc locked up all the time - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
tc locked up all the time

guys im working on a 96 and the converter is locked up if u stop at stop light it will die tc is new billet single disk trans is rebuilt all wiring is good from silenoids where do i start. thanks this truck is 100% stock no lock up switch or performance upgrades.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Did you do the trans yourself? If not go back to who ever did it? Otherwise I would look at the wiring coming from the trans. Possibly one of the wires are broken, frayed or grounding out.
Always go back to the last thing you did before it went wrong.

1998 2500 4X4 CTD QCLB 3 inch lift-- Stablizer Bar-Tork Tek OFV-MAXX links-KDP TABBED-Luke's Link & Bushing POTS LMC dash #10 fuel plate AFC ISSPRO fuel- boost-2K* PYRO BHAF Posi-Loc Larry B Solenoid & relay rebuilt 47re low stall TC
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
47re

im just working on it it came in this way was working fine after trans rebuild for around 5kmiles.I have checked wiring to vb and changed it have tried to follow lock up wire the whole way to ecm looks good anyone have anymore input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Other wires coming from the ECM grounding on the wheel well behind the air filter? Did it ever have a lock up switch? Does the trans relay still function as it should? Does a 96 have a relay?

1998 2500 4X4 CTD QCLB 3 inch lift-- Stablizer Bar-Tork Tek OFV-MAXX links-KDP TABBED-Luke's Link & Bushing POTS LMC dash #10 fuel plate AFC ISSPRO fuel- boost-2K* PYRO BHAF Posi-Loc Larry B Solenoid & relay rebuilt 47re low stall TC
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
It would make me think that it almost has to be one of the wires that you use for the tc lockup switch being ground out. Not saying the conveter can't f up and stay locked, just havent ever heard of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

96' CCLB-2wd-Transgo TFOD HD-Suncoast Extreme Duty-Revmax Triple-Lockup Switch-4k GSK-60 lb Springs-0 Plate-Modded AFC-Raptor 150 w/1/2" lines-7x.011s-038 DVs-Racked barrels-66/73/.91-Diamond Eye 4" (Mine) Bigblue Comp Cuts on the way!

10' CCSB-2wd-auto-bone stock (wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode