47RH to NV4500 Swap 94 RCLB 4x4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
47RH to NV4500 Swap 94 RCLB 4x4

well i'm new to the forum but I thought I would try to lend my spin on the 47rh swap. Mechanically the swap from the 47rh to the nv4500 is straight forward no real modifications needed if you can get a wrecked truck. You need everything behind the engine including drive lines the front is a must have. The rear line will more than likely need to be lengthened and that's about it. As far as small differences between auto vs stick parts are larger crossmember on manuals and mounts for tranny are different. The manual is beefier, the transfer linkage is shorter and the shifter has a smaller footprint on the side of the trans. so having the manual 4x4 shifter and linkage makes it go a little faster. I was lucky enough to obtain all the parts needed for the swap (used) before I began so I was able to compare everything side by side all were stock parts. After hunting for about 18 months!! Nothing was purchased NEW except nss and slave, clutch looked new so i just resurfaced the flywheel.

So the wiring, what a joke Now my truck has the old single port 60 pin PCM connection on the passenger side inner fender well. I'm not sure about newer models. What I did was REMOVE the jumper on nss switch connection and just plugged in my nss switch from the master clutch cylinder. Next cut the 3 way flat connector for the nss/reverse factory 47rh switch. True the outside pair are for the reverse lights which I just put on a toggle never know when you'll need em. The middle wire which will be black with a white tracer is your engine start relay nss sense which will be in #30 cavity in the 60 pin connector. I just taped the trans side of this wire and went from the PCM side with a wire tap. It is possible to pull this wire out of the loom (trans side) completely from the engine side just be careful. Ground that wire only if the truck won't start without it grounded. Everything worked like a champ. Any questions ask now while it's fresh The old 47 with complete auto swap may be for sale any takers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Cummins Nut

How much are you asking?

'90 cummins 47rh. Maxed pump no ic.42 psi in valet mode. In need of water meth for new found bigger egt problems. Need to find a set of 3.54 geared axles.
'92 flatbed HE351 and a spring device of some sort and a lame 518 the steals power.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

well do you want the whole swap: trans, lines, cooler, pedal etc... or just parts let me know what you want

1994 12v 2500HD 4x4 RCLB 1.5" level, #6 plate, 47RH to NV4500 NP241DHD, SB 13" Clutch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DT Track Fix, DT Steer Brace, 260k and still strong
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Diesel Freak

just the trans core interests me. mot even the torque converter
where are you located?

1994 3500 dually build date:12-93 new:trans, t case, cage long arm suspension sulastics, pre filter/heater MIA / HX35/40 4/5inch exh more much more
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Im in nevada city,ca ill take 900 for the trans alone. It is in good condition and working ill try to add a pic or 2.

1994 12v 2500HD 4x4 RCLB 1.5" level, #6 plate, 47RH to NV4500 NP241DHD, SB 13" Clutch
, DT Track Fix, DT Steer Brace, 260k and still strong
The Following User Says Thank You to suckindiesel For This Useful Post:
barkey24 (11-08-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode