AFC shaft o-rings - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
AFC shaft o-rings

A few weeks ago I pulled my AFC off to install a lighter spring and do the flat washer/ foot grind mod. The O-ring on the shaft looked pretty bad (over 20 years old, flat and hard) so I pulled it off and it broke in the process. I have several O-ring kits in metric & sae but none of them had a good replacement. I ended up putting two o-rings in the groove that had the correct ID & OD but a way smaller cross section (hence two of them actually fit in the groove.
Long post to say, does anyone know where I can get replacement O-rings for the AFC shaft? I tried the regular websites (Geno's, PDP), searching google and this forum, still could find them.

97 Extended cab 4x4, NV4500, valair single disc clutch, 4k gov springs, +60 lb valve springs, homemade #10 plate, medium tension AFC spring, flat washers AFC diaphragm, stock turbo and injectors, lifted on 37" tires with re-stacked limited slip friction plates, and factory 4:10 gears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Antonm; 06-07-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Do you have a picture of where they go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95 2WD 47RH
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Not my picture (got it off google image search) , but this is the O-ring I need.

97 Extended cab 4x4, NV4500, valair single disc clutch, 4k gov springs, +60 lb valve springs, homemade #10 plate, medium tension AFC spring, flat washers AFC diaphragm, stock turbo and injectors, lifted on 37" tires with re-stacked limited slip friction plates, and factory 4:10 gears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Antonm; 06-07-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

I canít find a part list the goes with this but o bet a local Bosch shop can get you the part with the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95 2WD 47RH
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Looks like I need piece 24 from the explode view. This shouldn't be complicated , its an O-ring that sees maybe 40psi and not that much heat. Any regular rubber O-ring the right size should work (although I would prefer a viton) . Beside the fact there isn't a local Bosch shop anywhere close to me, I'd imagine that Bosch would charge something like $30 for one O-ring. There has the be a source online, hell, you can order brides from Russia online, surely an O-ring can be found.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonm View Post
its an O-ring that sees maybe 40psi and not that much heat.
There shouldn't be any real pressure there at all. The pressure is on the other side of the diaphragm. If your dual o-ring fix isn't leaking any oil then I think you're good.

1998 2500HD Laramie SLT 4x4 12v QCSB 5 spd 3.55 200k stock
2004 2500 Laramie 2wd 305hp QCSB 6spd 3.73 200k stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode