Injection Pump Rebuild - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXSwap View Post
The delivery valves didn't look like anything I'd seen here, but I figured out later that that's because I didn't take them all the way apart. I'll at least pull one apart so I can more positively identify them. They had "009" on them that I could see.
Your pump is an industrial pump, not an passenger style pump, that's why your DV's look different.....not because you didn't pull it apart all the way.
Other than the pump being a dirty mess ( yes, rebuild time ) doesn't mean it can't be used. Different DV's & slightly heavier gov weights, no problem as long as your not looking to go big power or high rpm, you can run it.

98 12v w/G56, 700ccs, My stg5 twins, cam, taper cut DV's, 90hp injs, high volume/pressure lift pump, stg3 head
DieselTuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar View Post
Your pump is an industrial pump, not an passenger style pump, that's why your DV's look different.....not because you didn't pull it apart all the way.
Other than the pump being a dirty mess ( yes, rebuild time ) doesn't mean it can't be used. Different DV's & slightly heavier gov weights, no problem as long as your not looking to go big power or high rpm, you can run it.
That was my original intention (to run the pump), put in a 3K GSK and a #10 plate. Other than that, I wasn't planning on anything else as far as performance mods. I may fiddle with it a bit more before calling it. Potentially I could clean it up and run it but I'm not sure it's worth the stretch at this point given the $$ I have in the overall project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode