4wd Conversion - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
4wd Conversion

Hey there, I am in the process of converting a 2wd frame to a 4wd frame. I have all the cross members that I need because my original truck is actually 4wd but the frame was rusting out and I decided to put a different frame under it. I ended up getting a really good deal on a 2wd frame that was in perfect condition. Unfortunately the 4wd frame ended up getting scrapped right after I got all the cross members out of it. So far I have the front core support cross member installed in the new frame. I am not to worried about locating the rear hanger for the front leaf spring because that pretty much lines itself up. What im struggling with is locating the 4wd engine cross member in the 2wd frame. does anybody know if there are any holes that are already in the correct location? If not how are you guys that do the swap figuring out where to put the cross member?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
If you read through my build thread in the other 4x4 conversion thread just above this one.... You can see where I mounted mine, and how I did it. should get you close.

1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 350K Km's, hydroboost, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode