Not had much progress that's worth posting lately.
I got the front springs fitted which are part of a skyjacker 4" lift kit.
I'd forgot to order new frame bushes so had to make my own.
These are solid bushes made from acetal but I can't see me having any issues with them cracking. Although I've not made solid bushes for anything as heavy as this truck before I have made quite a lot for rally and track car suspension components in the past that take a lot of force and not had a failure I've been told about yet.
If they do crack that's a problem for future me and I'll deal with it then.
I turned them up in my good old Harrison lathe.
I didn't have to make the steel sleeves as I had ordered a spare skyjacker spring bush kit, the bushes didn't fit the frame but the sleeves were correct for the shackles so just made mine to fit these sleeves.
The front springs from skyjacker come with no bushes, I already new this from forum reading so had ordered a skyjacker bush kit for the rear of the spring and had ordered a greasable bolt and bush kit for the front of the spring from jungle on the ramcharger forum as skyjacker don't offer a bush to fit the front of the spring that I could find.
These greasable ones are a better option even if they did.
One thing I didn't account for was that the front spring mount wasn't wide enough with the new bushes fitted as 2 piece bushes are longer than 1 piece because you need a shoulder on each side. Not a big issue you just need to persuade the opening up a bit, I tried for ages to save my shiny frame by trying to portapak it open with no success.
In the end it took 2 minutes with a lump hammer to open them up slightly then when you tighten the bolt up it closes them up again.
Currently I've got a few places on the frame to go round and touch up and I'm sure I'll have a few more before I'm finished.