clutch reservoir 'upgrade' ? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
clutch reservoir 'upgrade' ?

....every time I get near the remote clutch reservoir in my truck I think I'm gonna break it. Just looking at it hard seems like it'll break the plastic mount clean off. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if, when rolling along, a decent bump wouldn't break the thing. My point is, I'm considering something a little stronger to replace my clutch reservoir, and I might have found just the ticket. Would appreciate y'alls thoughts about this Wilwood 4 oz master cylinder reservoir.

It is made for brake system, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't also be ideal for a clutch system? There is a 7 oz version too but I think that'd be overkill....then again I don't know what the capacity is for the 1st Gen reservoir - anyone know? I also haven't researched the hose sizes etc, but that can be altered if necessary.

Of course it might require a bracket to mount it level etc, but it sure seems to me like this would be a great way to get something new in there to replace the clutch reservoirs on our beloved 1st Gen's, no?

here's the link - $32 bucks from Summit - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-260-10500

the link to Wilwood - http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinde...emno=260-10500

'06 Ram 2500 megacab "Big Mack": 5.9/48RE
'02 Dakota QC 4x4: 440/46RH/Atlas4/D60/14B/40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I ended up just using the setup from a 99 and cutting the res hose to fit my mount location. I think it was $120 for the whole slave/res assembly.

86 gmc k3500 3+3 tow pig with 92 cummins swap,4" diamond eye,6" lift,36" tires,4.10 gears,he351,6x10 vco,gm nv4500,13" south bend,meth inj, second gen intercooler,3200 gov spring,3" tubes,free pump mods,vintage air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode