Looking to buy a 1st gen / just bought a 1st gen? READ THIS - Page 9 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #97 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Looking to buy a 1st gen / just bought a 1st gen? READ THIS

No. Multimeter will work on dc volts but a test light is easier to see a light go out. Unless you used jumper wires from inside the cab to the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #98 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Diesel Freak

a test light is just that...a light, with two probes like a meter...and no dumb questions...we all had to learn and many still are.

'81 D150
post #99 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM

This is a test ----
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #100 of 102 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 11:44 PM
Cummins Fan

New 1st gen Owner

Hey ya'll, I've been a member here for awhile now with my 3rd gen Cummins, but I just bought my first 1st gen, and I'm looking forward to getting into the 12valve world. I have been keeping my eye out for a 5spd 4wd 1st gen for awhile now, and they're getting harder and harder to come by, in decent shape. Finally found this one up in Alaska with 100k miles, so I jumped on it and paid for it to be shipped down to a port in Washington, so I can drive it home in a few weeks. I can't wait to get it home and check it all out!
Attached Images

2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB 4x4, 6.7L, Built 68RFE, DELETED, 5" TBE, Edge CTS, H&S XRT Pro
1993 Dodge W250 4x4, Getrag 5spd
post #101 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8667 View Post
Hey ya'll, I've been a member here for awhile now with my 3rd gen Cummins, but I just bought my first 1st gen, and I'm looking forward to getting into the 12valve world. I have been keeping my eye out for a 5spd 4wd 1st gen for awhile now, and they're getting harder and harder to come by, in decent shape. Finally found this one up in Alaska with 100k miles, so I jumped on it and paid for it to be shipped down to a port in Washington, so I can drive it home in a few weeks. I can't wait to get it home and check it all out!
Awesome looking rig! Congrats on the new truck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 2500 qcsb 4x4: auto, yukon hubs, Fass, 2mic Cat/baldwin 5mic FWS, 20" Trail Ready wheels & 37's, Edge insight, custom retroshop, heads/tails, Carli Dominator, Amp steps, Smarty JR 1993 D350 5spd, HID projectors, 4in TBE
post #102 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Thanks very much for the help. i have been looking to buy a first gen and this is the post i needed to see. This helped me out a lot because I really had no idea what i was getting myself into. Granted I know a little stuff but not as much as what you posted. Thanks For the info!
thrashingcows and avvblanc01 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode