The truck needed some love. The reason they weren't using it anymore was because the passenger side brake rotor had rotted/worn so far that a section of it cracked off, bound against the caliper, and left her sitting immobile in the driveway. And they didn't want to put any work and money into it because they were tired of the 2wd anyway.
Picture of the broken rotor:
The guy thought I would just pull the Cummins out and scrap the rest of the truck. I have this thing about fixing junk though, if I think I can fix it I will spend countless hours trying to do so.
Overall the truck needed:
- Brake Lines (All of them)
- Front pads, rotors, and calipers
- Lots of love and TLC
Nothing I couldn't handle. So after a few weeks of working on the brakes I had the truck operating and stopping just fine. I couldn't replace the radiator right away but a dose of radiator stop leak at least held the radiator together until I could get the truck home.
Pic of the truck once I get her back home.
Things to make the truck look better:
- Clean the bags of garbage out of the cab
- Pulled off the bent-up running boards
- Made some custom tail-gate hinges
- Removed the visor off the hood (helps reveal the unique hood ornament)
- Installed an aluminum tool box to hold some goodies