Triple Guage Mounting - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Triple Guage Mounting

Good evening all... Now that I got my charging issue figured out, Im ready to add some guages and start driving her(after a paintjob) Im thinking of the boost and pyro guages for the pillar and I want to add the Summit Racing Triple Guage pod with Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp. I like those guages because they are sort of period correct and looks like it would belong in my truck. Where is the best place to mount the guages? Im trying to go for a clean, OEM type of look but if thats unavoidable, then it is what it is. Thanks!

1989 Dodge D250- 12v Cummins/5speed/3.54s/17x000 miles. KDP killed, DPS manifold, BHAF,M5 fuel pin, pump work, 4 in to Kenworth stack.
1988 S10- 2.5/T5/3.73s Daily with bolt-ons for MPG 26mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
If you wait a little while autometer is making a 3 gauge pillar pod specifically for our trucks.

Alot of people will take a 2 gauge pillar pod and use a single one.

The 2nd gen dash 3 gauge pod will work with some trimming.

The 2nd gen steering column gauge pod works aswell .... just saw you have an 89 so nevermind, yours is a different steering column

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<check it out
1993 w250 getrag, 374 spring, THD pin, THD comp inj 6x.013, SBDD clutch, timing spacer, 60mm hx35, HT3B, D80, 3.54, 35"s, 6in lift, AirDog, studs, o-ringed Dyno: 427/951
The Following User Says Thank You to Comrade General For This Useful Post:
RCCUMMINS89 (06-24-2014)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade General View Post
If you wait a little while autometer is making a 3 gauge pillar pod specifically for our trucks.

Alot of people will take a 2 gauge pillar pod and use a single one.

The 2nd gen dash 3 gauge pod will work with some trimming.

The 2nd gen steering column gauge pod works aswell .... just saw you have an 89 so nevermind, yours is a different steering column
I got the pillar figured out, but I was thinking more along the lines of the triple guage set you can get from Stewart Warner or Autometer... I was wondering if and where people were putting guages other than the pillar or column. I would like my pyro and boost on the pillar and a tasch on the column. But I was looking for ideas for my triples.

1989 Dodge D250- 12v Cummins/5speed/3.54s/17x000 miles. KDP killed, DPS manifold, BHAF,M5 fuel pin, pump work, 4 in to Kenworth stack.
1988 S10- 2.5/T5/3.73s Daily with bolt-ons for MPG 26mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I originally had my 2 of my gauges on my dash, and one on my column...89 wiring and column in my 84 crewcab. When I converted to 4wd I swapped all the 1993 donor stuff over. I did not want to mount he gauges on the dash again...so I did the boost and pyro on the pillar, and the tach on the column. I have to say I really like this set-up!!

1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 350K Km's, hydroboost, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode