Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Indiana Stickers

38K views 233 replies 67 participants last post by  firefighter052 
#1 ·
Indiana Chapter Name

So Graphicsman is going to be making chapter stickers for every club. But we got to think up a name. I like:

Hoosier BlackOut
Hoosier Smokers (kinda gives the wrong idea)

ahh its late I cant think of any more...Let hear some ideas!!!

#95 ·
We can cut your state's vinyl if you need a hand with this. We have done a few other states decals and they seem to be happy with the quality and design.

We do this as a Hobby, so daily shipments are not an option. But if you guys get an order together we can produce the product within a weeks time as well as ship them out individually.

Reproducing similar to the Ohio Coal Roller decal is simple, let me know if I can help.

#98 ·
Thos are some nice designs Wally! I wonder how big the state would have to be to get "Hoosier Black Out" Inside of it? Then have 2 stacks on the side of the state blown smoke. i wish I had the programs to make stuff like this!

#100 ·
My experience with decals tells me you want to keep the design smaller..... 7x7, 8x8, 3x10 type dimensions so that more people will run it and it does not consume the entire window. Don't get me wrong, you can always enlarge the design.... but it must be easy to read even at those dimensions.

Cutting vinyl is easy as long as the design is NOT too busy.... So When I design these things I try to keep the production of the decal and it's visual success in mind when designing. If it's easy to produce the decals are priced friendly... if it's lots of small print and very busy, production time drives the cost up.

If you guys Decide on the SLOGAN / NAME, I will make a few designs for you guys tonight and post them up.

BossHog... since your the president, I will take the direction from you and you only.

Wally

#101 ·
Wally,

Read Boss' replys in this thread, that should get you most of what you're looking for. I started drawing cause no one else was, but I was just getting input from others.

John

#102 ·
I enjoy all the input you guys have put out! Especally JWH, nice designs! Im pretty simple minded and cant come up with a lot of designs. Although I would reccomend that its is simple as wally said. I dont want a ton of stickers on my truck. I know a lot of guys are the same way and dont want a huge gaudy sticker on their truck.

Wally it would be a huge help to all of us if you could come up with some simple ideas. Once you have a few, I can run a poll and see what everyone wants and order a batch from you and get them to all our members!

Ive seen a lot of states designs and I do know that it is best to have the outline of the state in it. Its easy to recognize even at farther distances. I would leave room for guys to option to put in a Powerstrke or durmax sign on the design too. We have a lot of guys that are on the forum running those brands.

#105 ·
i like the last design, simple.....but what about the H be a set of miter cut stacks rollin the smoke over the top of the letters.

#108 ·
They did look like trees!

#109 ·
No, I realy like that new design a LOT! With the miter cut stacks on the "H" blown smoke down the rest of the sticker would look insane! I wonder how much it would be extra to get a small saying at the bottom, like "Just cuz it smokes, doesnt mean its broke" or something like that.....

#110 ·
Finally someone with artistic ability. nice job Wally. :thumbsup: That was one thing i was a little concerned about was it being a cookie cutter decal. Way to go.

I'm definitely all for the dual stacks in the H too. :popcorn:

#113 ·
i dont know if anyone was ever on the dieseltruckworld.com website, but we had a decal that had miter cut stacks like that on the D and the L, it looked good. i tried to find a picture of one of those but i didnt have any luck.

#117 ·
no i croped it out of a biger picture from about 20 foot behind the truck......ill look around and see what i can find. i pealed the sticker off about a year ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.