Resetting The OHC Information - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
6.7L Tech Articles Tech Articles for the 6.7L Dodge Cummins Diesel...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG View Post
The oil change indicator may or may not be monitoring the oil itself, but it is paying attention to driving style. I can run 5000 hwy miles and I'll change the oil long before it tells me to. But, if I spend a couple of weeks only doing stop and go city driving, it will tell me it needs changing after only 2000 - 2500 miles.
At what mileage total on the odometer is the Oil Change Indicator light going off on your truck? It sure isn't monitoring the oil in MY truck. I changed my oil last at 30196 miles. At 30332 miles, the Oil Change Indicator lit up. You telling me that this system says I need to change my oil after 136 miles? It's mileage based, roughly every 7500 miles. It doesn't come on EXACTLY at 7500, 15000, 22500, 30000, etc. but it does come on roughly around that point every time (at least it has in my '08; i had forgotten in my previous post that the Oil Change Indicator came on around 22500 for me too). I'd be willing to bet when you look back at when the Oil Change Indicator came on last you were around a 7500 mile interval from when it indicated previously.

Kort: '08 QCSB 4WD CTD G56 4.10: H&S | Draconian | ISSPRO | PureFlow | GDP | South Bend | Carli | DT ProFab | King | Toyo | Method | Softopper
Jolene: '13 JKR NSG370 4.10: Edelbrock | Diablo | Bartact | sPOD | RK | Teraflex | AEV | Fox | Adams | SteerSmarts | Duratrac | General | Method | JCR | Warn | KC
Virginia: '16 Challenger Hellcat TR6060: Speedlogix | BT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHound View Post
I'd be willing to bet when you look back at when the Oil Change Indicator came on last you were around a 7500 mile interval from when it indicated previously.
No sir, that's not correct. If I run long, hard highway miles, it will let me go more than 5000 miles before telling me to change it. I don't let it go that long anyway, so I don't know if it would run on up to 7500.

BUT, if I'm just running around town for a month without much hard driving, it will tell me to change it after only 2000 miles (give or take) since the last time it told me (and was reset).

It's documented somewhere that it pays attention to driving style since the last reset. If yours came on after 136 miles, then either it wasn't properly reset when changed, or something else is wrong.

08 6.7 2500 Mega, 68RFE, Stock!, Edge Insight (thinks it's a DashHawk!), ELM327 & Perl/TK monitor/data logger. Truck crying for stacks & EGR delete, 2nd turbo smothering.
3rd diesel (06 5.9 killed by tree, 03 5.9 sold, sorely missed!)
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I don't reset it at oil changes. the indicator just comes up on it's own every 7500 miles or so. I reset it then and carry on about my business. I change my oil every 5000 miles regardless of what the truck is telling me.

Kort: '08 QCSB 4WD CTD G56 4.10: H&S | Draconian | ISSPRO | PureFlow | GDP | South Bend | Carli | DT ProFab | King | Toyo | Method | Softopper
Jolene: '13 JKR NSG370 4.10: Edelbrock | Diablo | Bartact | sPOD | RK | Teraflex | AEV | Fox | Adams | SteerSmarts | Duratrac | General | Method | JCR | Warn | KC
Virginia: '16 Challenger Hellcat TR6060: Speedlogix | BT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote from the Service Manual

Oil Change Indicator System

Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. This system will alert you when it is time to change your engine oil by displaying the words “Oil Change Required” on your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate depending on your personal driving style. Driving styles such as frequent stop and go type driving can increase the frequency of the engine oil change. This is the result of more frequent regeneration of the exhaust aftertreatment system, which can decrease the life of the engine oil. Failure to change the engine oil per the maintenance schedule can result in internal engine damage.
For information on resetting the Oil Change Indicator message, refer to “Oil Change Required – If Equipped,” under “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)'” in the “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” Section of this manual.

08 6.7 2500 Mega, 68RFE, Stock!, Edge Insight (thinks it's a DashHawk!), ELM327 & Perl/TK monitor/data logger. Truck crying for stacks & EGR delete, 2nd turbo smothering.
3rd diesel (06 5.9 killed by tree, 03 5.9 sold, sorely missed!)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Cummins Nut

thank you so much that perform service light was gettin annoyin

07.5 SLT Big Horn 6.7 Cummins 4 Door Long Bed, AFE Intake, Flo-Pro 5"TBE to 8in Tip, EGR deleted, XRT to Wild 175 Agressive Turbo
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:03 PM
700hp Club

I don't mean to burst any bubbles here but all this info is in the manual that came with your trucks, mine did anyway.

2007.5 3500 MegaCab 4X4, Powered by Armor Inc, seats are stock....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Retired Old Fart!

Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NEATR View Post
I don't mean to burst any bubbles here but all this info is in the manual that came with your trucks, mine did anyway.
Reading the manual is UnAmerican!

Tom
2008 QC-LB,2500,4X4,White/Kaki,Big-Horn,3.73 Auto, MyGig Nav unit, K&N no baffle,DPF quit working, GHD, Shibby stage 1 intake & boost tube, Smarty, PMT for gauges, Mag-Hytec Pan & Diff covers.

SNAFU
The Following User Says Thank You to dad2bike For This Useful Post:
6.7CUMMINS89 (01-31-2014)
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Feed the Beast!!!

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Is there any way to reset all of the trip data at one time? On our '03 shop truck you could punch reset twice and reset all of the trip info. On the '08 it appears that you have to page thru each item and clear them one at a time.

'08 Ram 3500, QC, DRW, 4x4, 6.7L, 68RFE, Laramie ~ H&S XRT, Edge Race J/A, B&G "Modified" TCM, Goerend Twin Disc, X-Monitor, ARP 625's at 160, GDP MODS: Mega-Flo S-2 Intake Manifold, Air-Boss 67 Grid Delete, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Heater, 3.50" Boost Tube, MK-2 Filter & Big Line Kit, Double-X Ladder Bars...

Richard @ GDP
509-993-4923

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpopp View Post
Disable the Seat Belt Chime
In the owners manual is how to disable the Seat Belt Chime. I do not remember totally off hand but its something like this.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Let the Dash Lights Turn Off.
(Heres where I can not remember, its either option "3" or "4", all done within 10 secs after dash lights turn off)
3. Insert Seat Belt and Release; Insert Seat and Release; Insert Seat belt and Release
4. Insert Seat Belt and Release; Insert Seat and Release; Insert Seat belt
5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position (I think you should here a Chime if you did it correctly).
I'm gonna try that on mine. I hate that chime. Especially when I'm cruising slow, through the wood roads deer hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode