EGR Delete Instructions W\pics - Page 20 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
6.7L Tech Articles Tech Articles for the 6.7L Dodge Cummins Diesel...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #229 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Washington Chapter Vice President

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
If you leave everything intact yes, it should pass a visual test except the EGR valve unplugged. If you leave it plugged in the truck will not run correctly. If you only plug it in for dealer trips they will know something is up with the CEL on anyways. But as far as visual, yes you can use thinner plates and leave it all on.

Sold - 07.5 6.7 Big Horn with lots of goodies.

New Project - 84 Chevy CCSB 12v Conversion, G56 w/271 transfer case, Custom 4 link Coil Over Suspension and much more!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #230 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:41 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibbyutman View Post
no in the long run it will hurt nothing, The 5.9 and 6.7 are essentially the same engine, fuel maps a little different and obviously all the emissions crap too, but I get timing rattle will not hurt anything. Just keep an ear on it and make sure it doesn't get any louder. Some tanks of fuel will vary the noise as well. Just something to keep in mind. Bottom line, any drawbacks of an EGR delete are FAR out weighed by the pluses
Good, thanks for the reply!!! Is there any way to fix this problem?

07.5, 6.7L, White, Q-Cab, L-Bed, 4X4, 6 speed, SB3250 Clutch, Black Maxx, Hamilton 188/220 cam, 110# valve springs, push rods, more to come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #231 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Diesel Freak

im guessing this should only take a lil bit. from the directions it seems as if its a pretty simple minded thing. im no mechanic, but these instructions are great. all else fails read instructions right?

also... fuel knock? is that the sound im hearing that sounds like a hondas valves that are wrecked to that burning place below earth?

2016 - bw s467.7, steed speed manifold, turbo smart bov, aa motorworks 6" intake and 3.5" intercooler piping, gdp intake horn, 4" tbe, airdog 4g, exergy 10mm cp3, ddp 100% overs, Hamilton 103lb springs and hd pushrods, arp 625s, efilive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 03:20 PM

wow..now illegal in all 50 states..

First off...ever hear of a power washer??

Ripping down an engine with it filthy is not the smartest thing I have seen.

But, with your little mod completed, you no longer have a warranty..PERIOD...and when your truck registration expires and you have to get it inspected prior to registration..

you fail...and you loose...

not a wise post to spread around..sorry...
post #233 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer

Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,311 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Wow, hostility, from a noob none the less. The areas he was working on were on the top of the engine, making absolutely no difference how dirty all the other crap is below it, with nothing on top why would it matter how dirty it is? As far as the warranty, it takes not even 10 minutes to reinstall these parts so that doesn't matter either. Registration? I am not sure about his state, but mine they only look at the vin tag, not only that it isn't their job to determine what is stock and what isn't. Isn't legal in any state, true, but there are only maybe 5-7 states that test diesels for emissions, so again unless you are in the communist state of caulifornia, you probably wont have any problems with johnny law because your truck is going to smoke LESS after doing this mod. Please return to the rock you crawled out of under and keep personal attacks to yourself.

Back in the common snail game. 03 SO 2wd 530,000 miles and counting.
11 3500 Laramie DRW 2wd deep forest green pearl
Friends don't let friends buy VP trucks....

post #234 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Cummins Nut

I guess since a programmer will void our warranties we better not try to get our trucks registered with programmers on them. We loose, we fail. After taking my air horn off to do the mp8 shimms I was amazed to see the amount of soot thats going back into the engine, it cant be good. Engine fails, we loose...PERIOD...that comment belongs in the garage on the shelf with the rest of the tools. Go buy a prius

08 6.7L SLT Quad Cab, Leveling Kit, , Lorenz drop blocks, Superlift Dual Steering Stabilizers, Amsoil Air Filter & bmk21, MB Predator 20s with 35" Cooper STTs, BADP gen3 & egr delete, smarty, Boondock Bumper, RollNLock Bed Cover
post #235 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I have some friends that work for dodge and they have told me if u have a problem with the truck and the aftermarket part u put on caused it then it will void your warranty but most dealers will look over that
post #236 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4024 View Post

But, with your little mod completed, you no longer have a warranty..PERIOD...and when your truck registration expires and you have to get it inspected prior to registration..

Thank you very much for your comments. I will find a dictionary and look up power washer. If you have any more useful tips for us please feel free to post. I am well aware that this mod will void my warranty. If you look at the mods listed in my sig i am not worried about the warranty. If this thread is of no use to you please just move on past it and reserve posts as above for yourself. Thanks Again!:thumbsup

New Project - 84 Chevy CCSB 12v Conversion, G56 w/271 transfer case, Custom 4 link Coil Over Suspension and much more!!!!!

post #237 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Diesel Freak

wow.. now that was comedy. thanks js40... seriously.
so.. whats new in the world of egrs? whens the cooler coming off?

2016 - bw s467.7, steed speed manifold, turbo smart bov, aa motorworks 6" intake and 3.5" intercooler piping, gdp intake horn, 4" tbe, airdog 4g, exergy 10mm cp3, ddp 100% overs, Hamilton 103lb springs and hd pushrods, arp 625s, efilive.
post #238 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

As soon as a get a day off and the 15 staples out of the back of my head. LOL!

post #239 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4024 View Post

Get the sand out of your and be a man

Oh yeah

2014 3500 Crew Cab DRW LWB 4x4, 4.10 gears,2.5" Rough Country Leveling Kit.
post #240 of 356 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
MEZ
Diesel Freak

ha ha :thumbsup

2007.5 Mega 6.7l 4X4 6 spd., Smarty, PMT, SBC 3250 DD, EGR & Cooler Delete, 5'' Stainless, Smoke Switched, AFE, Leveled, 18" XD Hoss, 33" MT ATZ, Bushwackers, Gator Seats- PMT & Quad. Boost Fooler FOR SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode