68RFE is OUT! NV5600 is IN!!! - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
6.7L Tech Articles Tech Articles for the 6.7L Dodge Cummins Diesel...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
did you u ever get your reverse lights or the 4wd lights to work correct? i just swaped a g56 into my truck and those are the two problems i am still working on. i got lucky and have the wire harneses out of the donor truck.

2008 megacab 3500, 6.7, 68rfe, 2.5 kore kit, BMF Novacanes/ 35"toyo mt's, deleted, afe cai, 4" dual exhaust, blackmaxx, 6k hids hi/lo and fogs, defiant light bar, trainhorn w/oba.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Here is a PM I sent a couple of days ago.

Matter of fact I hunted down the reverse lights wire last night. You will have to buy a pigtail from the dodge house and wire a keyed on 12v to one side of the reverse switch on the tranny and wire the other side to the white wire with a light green tracer that is on the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. I am going to see if I can find that same wire in the old TCM plug later today, if I can locate it there it will be easier to hard wire it up. I will be posting an update soon.

As for the 4WD goes, 4WD high works but 4WD low doesnt right now. I am still working on it. You have to press in the clutch pedal on a factory equipped manual truck with the switch turned to 4WD low for low range to engage. So a module is looking for a ground from the clutch switch to engage low range. As soon as I figure it out I will be posting up the information.

2012 Reg Cab, 4x4, G56 3500
KL5A's on 200psi, 6k HID's, II 60's, Floor It DIY CP3, WCC Horn, H&S Black Maxx, Valair Twin Disc, Air Dog 150, AFE Mega Cannon, 5" TBE and all the deletes.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Cummins Nut

any updates on 4-low?
After reading this thread and having trouble with my 68 Im considering this swap.

2007 cummins 2500 QC/SB
6.7/68rfe
4" TBE, deletes, SMARTY POWER, Overdrive tcm tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

After watching that video...I have made up my mind...when the 68RFE toast, I am swapping.

NightTrain-- Do you have any pictures of the interior with the swap? I have the flip down cupholder, and I am trying to figure out what all I am going to need to make this thing look factory when its done...

I'm probably going to start gathering parts here in the next month, so if anyone can help me out through this it would be awesome...

2006 Ram 3500 DRW G56- Trailer dolly
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB AT- Puller. Trailer Queen.
Looking for 10-12 RCLB to make street/drag truck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brewer711 For This Useful Post:
Mitch24 (10-28-2014)
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemm1002 View Post
any updates on 4-low?
After reading this thread and having trouble with my 68 Im considering this swap.
I'm still working on the low range. I do have the reverse lights wired up now. You can find the white wire with a light green tracer in the factory harness right by the tranny crossmember meets the frame on the driver side. This wire actually goes to the IPC and not the TCM.

I will be at my local dodge house tomorrow morning. I get do my own alignments there because every alignment tech I've ran into around here either sucks or dont give a sh!t! After I align my truck I'm gonna start the dig again on getting low range figured out using dealership computers!

KL5A's on 200psi, 6k HID's, II 60's, Floor It DIY CP3, WCC Horn, H&S Black Maxx, Valair Twin Disc, Air Dog 150, AFE Mega Cannon, 5" TBE and all the deletes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightrain For This Useful Post:
joelc79 (09-19-2011)
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer711 View Post
After watching that video...I have made up my mind...when the 68RFE toast, I am swapping.

NightTrain-- Do you have any pictures of the interior with the swap? I have the flip down cupholder, and I am trying to figure out what all I am going to need to make this thing look factory when its done...

I'm probably going to start gathering parts here in the next month, so if anyone can help me out through this it would be awesome...
I will be tearing into my shifter again soon because I thought I lost the boot that snaps around the shifter and today when I installed my new sway bar end links I found the boot hiding under my toolbox! Haha. So yea no problem on snapping a few pics for ya.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nightrain For This Useful Post:
Tex51889 (09-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode