Cummins Diesel Forum banner

4.10 gears on 3500 SRW

11K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Jimmy N. 
#1 ·
I see that it will now allow you to build a 3500 SRW with 4.10 gears on the Build Tool. Has anyone actually been able to order or purchase one like that? That would be really nice for those of us that want to run 37s.

#4 ·
Then I'd do the Build and Price thing, write down the options, prices and some notes, then get the real option list from your dealer and go over it.
Yes, it can be a bit time consuming, but that way you'll get exactly what you want, or at least as close to it as conflicting options allow.

#5 ·
So, they built my order yesterday and the 4.10s were a no go with an SRW diesel.

Going o place my order this morning for a Longhorn Megacab with (unfortunately) 3.73 gears.

Related note: I finally got to crawl around and drive a new truck. It was a 3500 SRW 4wd Laramie with the 12" screen. Amazing how tight the truck was and how good the front end rode for stock. Adding Thuren coils, Kings, and larger tires so I can run them at 50psi front and 40psi rear is going to make for a crazy comfortable truck.

#6 ·
I ordered them on my build and price for my 19 and was told at the last minute from my dealer no go. Only 3.73’s are available on a SRW at this time period. I’m running 35’s and the torque is so impressive I’m glad I wasn’t able to get 4:10’s. If your getting 37’s and towing extremely heavy you just might want to do an aftermarket re gear but even then with all the torque the 3:73 should work well.

#9 ·
You can get 4:10 gears with a Tradesmen 6.7/Aisin combo with DRW. I just got one is why I know.

#17 ·
That’s funny right there! Lol

#19 ·
I honestly couldn’t imagine pulling any heavy loads with the 3:42 or per say the old 3:54 axle gears, even with the Aisin. This is just my opinion and experience.

Reactions: Jimmy N.
#20 ·
Didn’t they get rid of 3.42s all together for 19? I thought it was 3.73 only for SRW and 3.73 or 4.10 for duallies?

#22 ·
Actually No, they had plenty of DRW’s with 3:42 , very little 3:73 and only 2 with 4:10’s. The dealer salesman was telling me that a lot of people want the 3:42 for trying to get better fuel mileage. He couldn’t understand why I wanted the 4:10’s. I explained to him that I’m not buying a diesel truck for its fuel mileage, just its pulling capabilities and the 4:10 gear ratio is the ticket for me for my company. I have2 01 3500’s with 4:30 gears, I had them changed from the dreaded 3:54’s, and would of bought them if they were available. It’s a great gear for pulling loads! This my opinion though.

#21 ·
As I understand it, yes they finally did. Finally they got rid of the one thing that ruined an otherwise good pickup.
Yet, now some complain about not getting 3.42s.

But, if you for some truly obscure reason still crave an over geared vehicle, the dumb 3.42s are optional on a DRW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.