Efi - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10%more View Post
The changes in the last two days are more than profound. The Ecodiesel people are in shock as those engines just do not run without GDE or the like. Now with the Cummins today, that equipment seems to have a much less drastic affect on the oil, sooting, EGR and DEF problems than on the Ecodiesel.

As I just went back to a new Cummins, I really would like to have access to some kind of delete program for the near future. If not then I surely will have to deal with the probable failure of the DPF and the thousands of dollars to replace. Then the EGR could heat and leak. The DEF system is a pain with sensors that often fail and fluid that dries, plugging up the injector.

All that stuff has the potential to be an expensive and time-consuming misery. It's just that with the Cummins, it is not so fragile. I hope. The last few days have been tragic for those that want to have a reliable modern diesel.
I'm i the same boat as you just got my 19 only have 900 miles on it and this BS happened so it is what it is if there's a tune that just turns off egr and def then great maybe i'll run that I know who writes them I won't say here on an open forum

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:18 PM
railer and bailer

Thanked 1,042 Times in 843 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
what happened exactly to your '19 with 900 miles on it?

jason

closet poster

'19 2500
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
what happened exactly to your '19 with 900 miles on it?
nothing happened to the truck we were talking about the most recent crack down from the scumbags at the epa

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:35 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
you better do some more reading the new wave of laws just went into effect on the 16th of this month all emissions defeating parts and tuning are now illegal no more labeling it off-highway/race use only any vehicle that came equipped with emissions from the factory can no longer be altered for any reason the loophole has been closed those 5 companies that manufacture delete parts in your state will be bankrupted if they're caught selling in the US
Here's my reaction to what the epa THINKS they can do. They will always and continue to be done.
cux211 and cumminsturbofreak like this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack69 View Post
Here's my reaction to what the epa THINKS they can do. They will always and continue to be done.
I agree with you but the bottom line is they hold the cards inspection garages are also being watched and cracked down on so for me it's gotten to the point do I want to risk a 10k+ fine and not be able to get a 70k truck inspected just not worth it anymore. Honestly if ram got off their butts and produced that trx hellcat ram I'd have that right now but that would be the only half ton I'd consider

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode