Whos lifting their 4500/5500Chassis Cabs? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 141
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Whos lifting their 4500/5500Chassis Cabs?

I just ordered my 5500 Chassis Cab and I want to put 40 or 44 tires. As soon as possible. What size lift do I need for this? Ive heard with a front end leveling kit, 2.5 font lift, it should be able to do 40s no problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abishoff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 07:36 PM
White Lightning
 
gsbrockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sand Gap, KY
Posts: 12,018
Thanks: 3,755
Thanked 6,058 Times in 3,299 Posts
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Can I get a good deal on your take-off tires and wheels?
Jimmy N. likes this.

2018 RAM 4500 Chassis Tradesman Crew Cab 60 C/A 4WD, 6.7L Cummins, AISIN AS69RC Transmission, 4.10 Axle Ratio, Chrome Appearance Group, Keyless Entry, Fog Lamps, Chrome Tubular Steps, 52+22 gallon fuel tanks, 5.0 Radio, Single Disc CD Player, 225/70R19.5 Firestone FD690s, Aluminum Wheels, Parkview Backup Camera, Trailer Brake Controller. Equipped with a CM SK Series flatbed w/B&W Turnover Ball. Purchased new April 23, 2018. Currently : 196,704 miles and 3,437 hours as of January 27th, 2020 (Average Miles Per Hour = 57.2)
gsbrockman is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:12 AM
Diesel Freak
 
Bedlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Thanks: 19
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The chassis cab uses a 5-link front end versus the pickup 3-link. Be careful choosing upgrade parts on the front end.

The rear spring packs are completely different than a pickup but easy to modify.
Electrojake likes this.
Bedlam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 141
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbrockman View Post
Can I get a good deal on your take-off tires and wheels?


If/when I get to that process and theres anything left on the factory takeoffs Ill try as remember this conversation haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abishoff is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 45
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Kelderman all the way. The ride is amazing, give Kasey a call. They did my 2016 I couldn't believe the difference.
Lamar11 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 141
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar11 View Post
Kelderman all the way. The ride is amazing, give Kasey a call. They did my 2016 I couldn't believe the difference.


Why Kelderman and what do you use your truck for?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abishoff is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 45
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
we own a construction company, but the truck is pretty much my daily driver. The ride after the install was a thousand times better. That 5500 will rattle your teeth stock.
Lamar11 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Diesel Freak
 
Bedlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Thanks: 19
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Mine is loaded at 17-18.5k lbs GVW all the time and rides fine on stock suspension. 15k lbs or less, I would agreed with you.
Bedlam is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Diesel Head
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Black Diamond, WA
Posts: 2,832
Thanks: 9
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Look at this thread.
https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...-w-pics-3.html

That's basically 35x11 tires on his truck.
I know you're trying hard to figure out how to dump a pile of money into the new mall crawler you're buying, but take a look at what it will take to put 40-44" tires on it and what you'd have to do to it to fit that size. 40's ain't going on with just a leveling kit, especially with a hauler bed like you want.

Honestly, if you want to build a monster truck, a 3500 is a better platform to do it with both cost and practicality wise (even though practicality has 0 to do with it, because a class 3-5 diesel truck is rendered just about useless sitting on a huge lift and wheels)
You're into military wheels/tires if you want to keep real load capacity or have it on LT tires and only able to carry it's own weight.
Car shows and maybe mud bogs if you want to mod it to put down enough power to propel a 10klb + truck across a mud pit.

It'll make a real monster truck if you want it to, but will be a bunch of work and supporting modifications to get there.
Jimmy N. likes this.

07 5.9 Mega, G56, SB Single disk Ceramic clutch, OE 1 piece Al driveshaft, 60hp Industrial injectors, Triple dog, Glacier 2mic filter, BD exhaust brake, ATI Super Damper, BD steering brace, Firestone bags, Big Wig swaybar, 4th Gen 20s and some home made Stableloads.
Grit dog is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Diesel Head
 
Jimmy N.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The actual Midwest
Posts: 10,811
Thanks: 360
Thanked 650 Times in 601 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by abishoff View Post
I just ordered my 5500 Chassis Cab and I want to put 40 or 44 tires. As soon as possible. What size lift do I need for this? Ive heard with a front end leveling kit, 2.5 font lift, it should be able to do 40s no problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by abishoff View Post
If/when I get to that process and theres anything left on the factory takeoffs Ill try as remember this conversation haha
You need to try keeping your thoughts straight.

Maybe if we start telling people that the brain is an app, they will start using it?

'14 1500 V6, '17 3500 C&C, plus a '19 3500 6.4 in the household.
Jimmy N. is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 141
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Whos lifting their 4500/5500Chassis Cabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit dog View Post
Look at this thread.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...-w-pics-3.html



That's basically 35x11 tires on his truck.

I know you're trying hard to figure out how to dump a pile of money into the new mall crawler you're buying, but take a look at what it will take to put 40-44" tires on it and what you'd have to do to it to fit that size. 40's ain't going on with just a leveling kit, especially with a hauler bed like you want.



Honestly, if you want to build a monster truck, a 3500 is a better platform to do it with both cost and practicality wise (even though practicality has 0 to do with it, because a class 3-5 diesel truck is rendered just about useless sitting on a huge lift and wheels)

You're into military wheels/tires if you want to keep real load capacity or have it on LT tires and only able to carry it's own weight.

Car shows and maybe mud bogs if you want to mod it to put down enough power to propel a 10klb + truck across a mud pit.



It'll make a real monster truck if you want it to, but will be a bunch of work and supporting modifications to get there.


I do have access to military tires and Im running 37 wrangler MTRs on my 96chevy k3500. Also I do plan to use it to haul every once it awhile. I help some friend move heavy equipment and oversized yachts when asked. Ideally Id like to do something like this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ram5500CamperThing likes this.
abishoff is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 141
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
You need to try keeping your thoughts straight.


Lol. Its just a time/money/priority thing. Still working out the logistics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abishoff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome