Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2004.5 Dually With Blown Engine.....
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
rdefayette
Diesel Head

comsidering a hemi (gasser) truck of that particular vintage would go for 11-13K and it would run, I'd be hard pressed to to give him anything over 7k.
Just forget the fact it WAS a diesel. Right now it's a rolling chassis with a 1k lb paperweight between the front tires.
7k for the truck-7k for a descent engine (can't even rebuild a ventilated block) 14k so farand we haven't even looked at labor/time for the install+who knows what else once you get it running.
BTW, so far as what he told you "Just heard a clicking noise and then boom." I kinda doubt that.
I've seen washed down cylinders, low/no oil pressure, bad injectors, etc. there are only a couple a things that'll hole a block.
A "clicking" noise then boom isn't one of 'em!
Usually it sounds like someone beating the h--l out of a 55 gallon drum with a sledgehammer then boom!

Bob, Current; '04.5, 2500HO,Auto,QCLB,4x4,CAI,4" TB,Smarty Jr,AD II 100,Flex-A-Lite fans, homebrew headache rack, "wedge" cap, Home brew rear bumper, Yukon Free Spins'03, 3500,QCLB,4x4,Dually,RIP
The Following User Says Thank You to rdefayette For This Useful Post:
Skag (01-21-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome