Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Ram V10 To Cummins Swap
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
MadMax321
Cummins Fan

Cool

So got the tac working, battery charging, And i missed spoke on that, it shifts 1-3 auto now that the tac is working. Had to adjust the TV cable and i just clamped it of so it had good line pressure till about half throttle then the cable gets pulled from there to WOT for passing gear.

But i still dont have 4th/OD. So with a little more research i figured out you can remove the relay for OD and just use a switch, its out there on forums, just search for it. If you can find it ill show you...

So with the switch hooked up the truck goes into 4th and OD.

I guess thats pretty much it. I hooked the AC compressor to the original plug, I used the V10 thermostat for temp. I did change the gauge cluster out to a Diesel one, everything works as it should, except the Tac, its off by like 300 RPM but if you hook a scanner to the OBD2 plug it reads less than whats displayed on the RPM gauge

List of parts youd need

95-98 12V motor mounts
Adapter plate if you buy a older motor
New Torque Converter (I used the V10 valve body seems to work fine)
Crank Pos sensor
Relays
A new starter if you change backplates

I think thats it possibly more, if i remember anything else ill post it. If you have any questions feel free to ask, The swap was awesome and the truck runs so much better with the Cummins!

96 Dodge V10/47Re with a 89 Cummins.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maxed Pump,3200 spring,Denny-T Stage 2,H1C with 60mm turbo upgrade,4inch down pipe to 5 inch exhaust
The Following User Says Thank You to MadMax321 For This Useful Post:
jtorok (07-27-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome