Crap tires - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Tire and wheel Discussion of tire and wheel options

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Crap tires

Just curious if anyone was able to get anything from a dealer concerning the Firestone Transforce At's wearing out in no time. I am almost to the wear bars all the way around at just over 19k miles, worst tires I have ever had.


2018 Ram 2500 Megacab Bighorn Harvest Edition
Tucson, Arizona
Azwaterguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Diesel Head
 
K9Kodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,160
Thanks: 9
Thanked 698 Times in 498 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like they are up there w the firestones I had stock. Mine wore fast and had huge bubbles on the sides! Dealership told me to visit a Firestone dealer at 5k miles saying the tires would need to be warrantied through firestone and they had nothing to do with it. Haha

--2015 2500, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, G56, Maximum Steel
- To Do List, 6" suspension,37" tires,4.56 Gears
--2006 2500 4x4 4 door long bed auto, 8" BDS, 37s
K9Kodi is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Diesel Head
 
K9Kodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,160
Thanks: 9
Thanked 698 Times in 498 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Oh firestone dealer, a buddy of mine, said they were crap tires and he could get them pro rated, but only the affected ones, which means if I replaced them I’d have to do all 4, so I just waited a couple months till I got my 35s

--2015 2500, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, G56, Maximum Steel
- To Do List, 6" suspension,37" tires,4.56 Gears
--2006 2500 4x4 4 door long bed auto, 8" BDS, 37s
K9Kodi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Diesel Head
 
Ltngdrvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southeast TX
Posts: 12,632
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,622 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The AT's wear very fast apparently, been lots and lots of similar comment on here.

My original HT's did over 80K on my nearly 100% highway driven truck.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...tml?highlight=
Ltngdrvr is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
MajorMalfunction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 108
Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ditto. I'm at 25k miles on my 2018 and just yesterday I'm looking at these things in amazement. I rotate every 6-8k miles, depending on how my schedule allows. And before this, I had owned a used 2015 2500. Bought it with 33k miles on it and the original tires were at the wear bars. So I would have to agree that the stock Firestones wear faster than expected.
MajorMalfunction is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Diesel Head
 
Lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Yellowknife, NT, Canada
Posts: 2,749
Thanks: 10
Thanked 180 Times in 177 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMalfunction View Post
Ditto. I'm at 25k miles on my 2018 and just yesterday I'm looking at these things in amazement. I rotate every 6-8k miles, depending on how my schedule allows. And before this, I had owned a used 2015 2500. Bought it with 33k miles on it and the original tires were at the wear bars. So I would have to agree that the stock Firestones wear faster than expected.
I'm at 35,000 kms/22,000 miles and I have 4-5/32nds left to the wear bars. I rotate once a year. If we would have done a summer camping trip this year they would already be done - and I would have better tires for this upcoming winter.

2017 6.7L Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab Granite Crystal Sport Appearance Group, 68RFE, rear air suspension
Lins is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 12:23 AM
Cummins Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Somewhere, BC
Posts: 2,475
Thanks: 345
Thanked 428 Times in 327 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
OEM tires are made for the new vehicle manufacturer’s specifically for looks and not longevity. They are not the same tires you’ll buy, same brand, from the tire store. Components are different.

Mine wore out prematurely as well. I tried to get warranty on them and couldn’t. I haven’t known anyone who has.
Jimmy N. likes this.

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CCSB SRW 4x4 6.7L CTD 370hp-800tq 68RFE 3:42's HID's XB LED Fogs Amp Steps Air Bags 5er Prep Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Dogpatch is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Diesel Head
 
Ltngdrvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southeast TX
Posts: 12,632
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,622 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
OEM tires are made for the new vehicle manufacturer’s specifically for looks and not longevity. They are not the same tires you’ll buy, same brand, from the tire store. Components are different.
Where in the world did you hear that???

Just not a possibility, no tire manufacturer would take on the liability for anything like that.

And, as I stated in my above post, my original firestone HT's went over 80K.

As matter of fact, the next set of tires I put on my truck, were some more firestone HT's that were new take-offs from another RAM, and they made it to 80K too.

Now, the firestone AT's do seem to wear out pretty quickly, and that is probably due to a different rubber compound as well as the tread pattern, but they are no different than the same tire you buy at the tire store.
josstark likes this.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...tml?highlight=
Ltngdrvr is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:35 AM
Cummins Fan
 
CHL2T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 52
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have 33,000 on my original transforce tires with one rotation and they still have plenty of life left in them. Granted they aren't the finest tires but I really don't see why most everyone complains about them.....
Gr8bawana likes this.
CHL2T is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:36 AM
Cummins Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 206
Thanks: 11
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
My Transforce’s wore out quickly too. Rears were done after a rotation. I think at barely over 20k no tread left.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 MegaCab SRW with Rambox and factory air suspension.
Factory fifth wheel prep kit also installed.
dsol is offline  
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Diesel Head
 
Ltngdrvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southeast TX
Posts: 12,632
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,622 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHL2T View Post
I have 33,000 on my original transforce tires with one rotation and they still have plenty of life left in them. Granted they aren't the finest tires but I really don't see why most everyone complains about them.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
My Transforce’s wore out quickly too. Rears were done after a rotation. I think at barely over 20k no tread left.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AT's or HT's?

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
CCV reset/seatbelt chime disable https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...tml?highlight=
Ltngdrvr is offline  
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:52 AM
Cummins Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Somewhere, BC
Posts: 2,475
Thanks: 345
Thanked 428 Times in 327 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Where in the world did you hear that???

Just not a possibility, no tire manufacturer would take on the liability for anything like that.

And, as I stated in my above post, my original firestone HT's went over 80K.

As matter of fact, the next set of tires I put on my truck, were some more firestone HT's that were new take-offs from another RAM, and they made it to 80K too.

Now, the firestone AT's do seem to wear out pretty quickly, and that is probably due to a different rubber compound as well as the tread pattern, but they are no different than the same tire you buy at the tire store.
Ive read it and been told it. And only got 10,500 miles out of my OEM 285/60R20 Firestone Piece of Crap Transforce AT’s as living, down to the wear bars, proof.
I ever said they were made to be dangerous, I said they weren’t made of the same compounds as a tire store tire where they have to provide a wear guarantee.

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CCSB SRW 4x4 6.7L CTD 370hp-800tq 68RFE 3:42's HID's XB LED Fogs Amp Steps Air Bags 5er Prep Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Dogpatch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome