Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Resetting the TMPS for 2018 Dually wheels.

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  1ton 
#1 ·
Trying to get my wheel sensors (TMPS) to reset after rotation. Been using a company for maintenance (rhymes with Miscount Fire) but the never are correct. Even went back days later and made them show me air pressure in tires were accurate. Still they show wrong on the dash readings (not in the correct order). Had oil change at large Houston dealer and still wrong after they reset pressure (which was wrong because they were going by the dash numbers (not actually reading the tires). Thank in advance for any help!

#2 ·
The inside dually sensors are different than the front and outside duallys. So the insides will always show as inside regardless of position while the other 4 will end up showing their correct position. Once you figure out where the insides are you can make note for reference. Otherwise you will need to relocate to the proper position.

Reactions: 1ton
#3 ·
I tried to reply to you PM but it says you have "chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages". 3500's have the TPIS system that's informational without warnings so no need to adjust the thresholds. My Autel will do a relearn but your have to know the serial number of each sensor and unfortunately mine does not have that ability to read them. Any tire shop should have a TPMS reader though.

#5 ·
Tpis

I now understand the system. Now I just have to determine which wheels are which. Thanks for the info! The service (Quicklube at Dealer) guys don't have a clue... I'll make sure they under stand. Thanks for the quick response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.