Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Maxxis Razr MT Report

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MaynardLurker 
#1 ·
Long-Term Report:

I purchased at set of Maxxis Razr MT in 37x12.5R17 in July of 2017. I liked the price and the aggressive looks of this mud terrain. They were very noisy compared to the Cooper Discoverer STT that I was previously running. They held up well in wet and dry conditions. They performed as expected for a mud terrain in the fresh and packed snowy roads. They were awesome, aired down, for rock crawling.

After putting 20,000 miles on them, when the tread looked like about 25-30% left, the tires started to lose traction on dry roads, as in accelerating from a stop sign into a right turn. A couple of weeks ago, when it rained, the back end of my truck was all over the road and the ride quality went down. It seemed like the rubber compound suddenly got hard. With a ski trip coming, I quickly replace the tires with a set of Falkens. Immediately, all the issues were gone. But that is for another thread.

#3 ·
karirick, yes the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. So far I like them. Quiet, smooth, better mileage. Good grip on dry, wet and pack snow. Still waiting to try them out on deeper snow. I think you'll like them.

#5 ·
I've run the ST Maxx. I thought they were a good tire. I got the Falken's for all the tire siping, making them perform in wet/ice/snow. Plus, they are much quieter than any mud terrain type tire.

#6 ·
How's things going with the tires? I've been eating tires in the front hard on a 14 long wheelbase 2500. I'm about to set the toe to zero and see if that helps. Running at factory specs atm.
Factory firestones were torched.
Yokahama geolander g003 yielded 13k with only one savable.
Toyo mts are about to be taken off with similar wear.

#7 ·
Which tires are you referring to? The Falkens?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.