50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooByFoor View Post
These are high on my list, but I've read a few concerns about the 2 ply sidewalls. Any sway or squirm-ish feelings with them, when towing?
I had the Coopers mounted and went straight to test pull our 5er back to the RV dealership for some upgrades.
The first few miles I thought it feels like I am swimming.
But no sway whatsoever.
After breaking them in that feeling disappeared completely.

Spartacus likes this.

2017 RAM 3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 4X4 SRW Cummins 6.7 Aisin 3.42 Limited Package Protection Group Cold Weather Group Power Sunroof Auxiliary Switches Stop Lamp w/Camera
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suny For This Useful Post:
Jhenderson (03-22-2019), TooByFoor (03-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:23 PM

Garage
Anyone tried these Cooper tires yet? I've been told they are pretty quiet and ride well. Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT

Dodge Ram 2500 '98 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
What pressures have you guys found to be the best for these AT3 XLT's?!

'16 Ram 2500 Tradesman: Carli 3" lift, 37x12.5R17 Cooper AT3 XLT's & Method NV's. Air-Lift Wireless One bags. Marlon Sled deck. Instagram: @flyin_jibbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJibbs View Post
What pressures have you guys found to be the best for these AT3 XLT's?!
for towing front/rear 65/80 and around town 60/65 in my 3500 mega

cheers
mike
Cummins0867 and utahtrapper like this.

2017 RAM 3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 4X4 SRW Cummins 6.7 Aisin 3.42 Limited Package Protection Group Cold Weather Group Power Sunroof Auxiliary Switches Stop Lamp w/Camera
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRyan View Post
Anyone tried these Cooper tires yet? I've been told they are pretty quiet and ride well. Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT
Ive ran a set of the pros. I liked them for offroad and mud. Snow was pretty good especially deep snow, hard pack and ice youre always better off with an at tire. I found the pros to be louder than the old stt tire and the wear was on par with every other mt tire i have ran. My opinion is they arent bad but i wish they never changed the old stt tire. I had like 5 sets of those. So when i bought new mt tires i went with the new yokahoma wich basically looks like they bought the old stt tread design and produced it as a new tire. I like to support cooper though, as an ohio boy... i will likely be shopping falken at3w against the cooper at3 xlt when my stockers wear out. I run the mt tires through the fall and winter for all the mud i get into.

2018 ram 2500 tradesman 4x4 ctd short bed.
Headache rack
Toolbox
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:27 PM

I'm also considering the Cooper AT3 XLT's or the Michilin Defenders.

I currently have Continental Terrain Contacts and hate them. My truck is not on the road every day and they flat spot easy and ride terrible. I've been back to Discount Tire 4 times to have them balanced and they always show balanced, I went to the dealer and had them road forced and they show balanced. Get above 70 MPH and the whole truck shakes. This all started with the Continentals. Has anyone else experienced this?

The only pro with the Continental is they have great traction off road and in the snow. They will go through snow better than any tire I've owned. Too bad it only snows 2 months each year in KC MO.

2014 Ram 2500, Laramie, Crew Cab Short Bed, Nav, Dual Alt, sunroof etc. 55k miles.
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 PM

Just picked these up this evening from the local Discount Tire. AT3 XLT's in 275/70 18. Stuck with the stock size as my garage is a pretty tight fit already

White letter out might be a little controversial these days, but, I like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190416_183925337_HDR_1555463243633.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	845767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190416_183933573_1555463387426.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	845769  
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFL3500 View Post
Just picked these up this evening from the local Discount Tire. AT3 XLT's in 275/70 18. Stuck with the stock size as my garage is a pretty tight fit already

cool

I was disappointed that white letters are not available in my size.

Mike

post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:02 PM
Discount Tire Direct

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFL3500 View Post

Thank you for the shout out to your local Discount tire store. As long as you like the white letters out is all that matters. Please let us know your thoughts on the Cooper AT3 XLT tires when you get a chance.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM

I've had my 295/70R18 AT3 XLTs for about 2000 miles. So far, so good. Comfortable, crazy quiet on the highway, and I have to give a shout out to Discount Tire Direct, because this is the first time I've had a set of aftermarket tires/wheels perfectly balanced on the first try.

For daily driving, I'm running 60F/53R. Below that, things felt a bit bouncy for my taste. I haven't towed yet, maybe in the next week or two.

2018 Ram Big Horn Sport Pkg CC Short Box 6.7L 1" Thuren front coils, front trackbar, King 2.0s 295/70R18 Method NVs with Cooper AT3/XLT
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooByFoor View Post
I've had my 295/70R18 AT3 XLTs for about 2000 miles. So far, so good. Comfortable, crazy quiet on the highway, and I have to give a shout out to Discount Tire Direct, because this is the first time I've had a set of aftermarket tires/wheels perfectly balanced on the first try.

For daily driving, I'm running 60F/53R. Below that, things felt a bit bouncy for my taste. I haven't towed yet, maybe in the next week or two.
Im about 6k in on mine and I agree with everything! I love these tires and they look amazing too! I couldn't be habppier and dont plan on buying any other tire until something proves better!

Also, same about DTD, they nailed my balance as well first try and I haven't had to mess with them sense. Buying these and method wheels, balanced correctly, cured my highway vibration issues all together!

Still trying to find my happy zone with pressures. Seeing all the comments about guys running 60-65 makes me curious. Mine say Max Pressure Cold 50psi.. I have 37's though so maybe that makes a difference.

'16 Ram 2500 Tradesman: Carli 3" lift, 37x12.5R17 Cooper AT3 XLT's & Method NV's. Air-Lift Wireless One bags. Marlon Sled deck. Instagram: @flyin_jibbs
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJibbs View Post
Im about 6k in on mine and I agree with everything! I love these tires and they look amazing too! I couldn't be habppier and dont plan on buying any other tire until something proves better!

Also, same about DTD, they nailed my balance as well first try and I haven't had to mess with them sense. Buying these and method wheels, balanced correctly, cured my highway vibration issues all together!

Still trying to find my happy zone with pressures. Seeing all the comments about guys running 60-65 makes me curious. Mine say Max Pressure Cold 50psi.. I have 37's though so maybe that makes a difference.
With 37s you are in the "flotation" tires. I don't really know what that means besides it uses standard instead of metric, but do know their max psi is lower. 35s are the same. Most of the LT metric sizes have a max psi of 80.

2018 Ram Big Horn Sport Pkg CC Short Box 6.7L 1" Thuren front coils, front trackbar, King 2.0s 295/70R18 Method NVs with Cooper AT3/XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode