Crap - Low sulfur diesel fuel - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
where on earth did you get LSD that made you trip for a week
Cheech and Chong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I made it back home with no issues.

I did see my mpg's on the monitor go down to around 11 for a long time (30 min or so while driving on interstate), which I thought was weird since I had never seen that, but it could have just been a bad head wind. I was thinking that maybe it was just outdated as well, but the gas pump was a separate pump just for diesel. It was not one of the normal ones like all the other shells I have seen have where its attached to the same pump as the gas.

2010 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD MC 4x4 Laramie - MBRP 4in TBE w/ muffler, Mini Maxx w/ MCC from TSD, ARP 625 Studs, Sinister EGR Delete
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
CF Administration

Thanked 1,525 Times in 858 Posts
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
I would drop the tank and flush it out and then pull all the injectors, cp3, and lines off and flush them out too, also change the fuel filter while you are at it and hope it didnt cause any damage and hopefully your motor does not blow up now in the next 1000 miles like most of them do with lsd.

-Nic - Idaho Oil Burners President Idaho Chapter 2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx MCC tuned/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 5" Dual Exhaust/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Stage 1 Cp3/ GDP Maximizer Kit/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds/ GDP CCV Kit/ 8" Lift/ 37" Toyos. 648 hp 1351 tq uncorrected
1996 12v 2.8 puller "dominate this"
R.I.P. Tucker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkdiesel View Post
I would drop the tank and flush it out and then pull all the injectors, cp3, and lines off and flush them out too, also change the fuel filter while you are at it and hope it didnt cause any damage and hopefully your motor does not blow up now in the next 1000 miles like most of them do with lsd.

That's not nice. Some people would take you seriously

2019 Ram 3500 Dually Mega 6.7 4x4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-..._as=subscriber
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
CF Administration

Thanked 1,525 Times in 858 Posts
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Black Cummins View Post
That's not nice. Some people would take you seriously
i had to do this with mine twice, thats what the dealer said they would do.

-Nic - Idaho Oil Burners President Idaho Chapter 2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx MCC tuned/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 5" Dual Exhaust/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Stage 1 Cp3/ GDP Maximizer Kit/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds/ GDP CCV Kit/ 8" Lift/ 37" Toyos. 648 hp 1351 tq uncorrected
1996 12v 2.8 puller "dominate this"
R.I.P. Tucker
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,191 Times in 850 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiAg View Post
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I made it back home with no issues.

I did see my mpg's on the monitor go down to around 11 for a long time (30 min or so while driving on interstate), which I thought was weird since I had never seen that, but it could have just been a bad head wind. I was thinking that maybe it was just outdated as well, but the gas pump was a separate pump just for diesel. It was not one of the normal ones like all the other shells I have seen have where its attached to the same pump as the gas.
Actually that was more than likely a regen. Happen quite frequently on a stock truck.

Boyd
2015 6.7L Mega Cab
3500 4x4 AS69RC 4:10 DRW Laramie
B&W/AMP Research/Transfer Flow/Bakflip/Amsoil
Heavy, Slow, and Reliable

Password problems, username change, thread issues? PM any staff member or report posts anonymously! Always happy to help.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkdiesel View Post
i had to do this with mine twice, thats what the dealer said they would do.
ok, now I am not sure if you're joking. It's hard to tell intonation on written words. Doesn't surprise me a dealer would say that. However, judging from what all you've done to your truck I don't think you actually did that( at least I hope not.)

Anyway, I can tell you from personal experience LSD won't hurt these trucks if the emissions equipment is gone. I ran two to three tanks in a row of LSD(yes I know for sure it was LSD) in my 08 and it ran great. Much better than ULSD. This was the 500ppm lsd. Seemed to smoke more, but got better mileage and seemed to run harder. I assume it would clog the DPF up more on a stock truck which would most likely mean less fuel mileage due to all the regens you'd be having, but the motor and fuel system should be fine.

2019 Ram 3500 Dually Mega 6.7 4x4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-..._as=subscriber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode