Rear End Sag - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertyoke View Post
hey nick b, not to hijack this thread, but what sway bar is that? does there look to be any room between it and the rear pumpkin cover....say for a mag hytec cover???? I called one place (roadmaster) but they couldnt tell me if it would work over the mag cover or not and its kinda spendy to ship back if it dont work.
That is the roadmaster sway bar. Not sure since I've never owned a mag hytec cover. But I can take a mesurement if you want me to. I had the helwig and now the roadmaster. The roadmaster is beefier but more money. The helwig didn't have a model out at the time I purchased the roadmaster.

2010 2500 Laramie,SB CrewCab,6spd Auto 3.73 LS,5K air bags.Roadmaster active suspension,Redhead steering gear,Synergy steering brace,Carli ball joints, Thuren track bar,Thuren control arms, Fox shocks and Thuren king steering damper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B. View Post
That is the roadmaster sway bar. Not sure since I've never owned a mag hytec cover. But I can take a mesurement if you want me to. I had the helwig and now the roadmaster. The roadmaster is beefier but more money. The helwig didn't have a model out at the time I purchased the roadmaster.
that would be great if you could take a measurement, i dont want to give up the mag-hytec. I really like the drain and easy check dipstick fill hole. this '10 just seems more soft sprung then my 03 srw 3500 did, like it wants to roll over around a corner.

'18 mega drw titanium limited, '10 laramie mega 4x4 3500 auto srw Ďsoldí
Past '04 ram 3500 4x4 drw qc nv5600 'sold', '03 ram 3500 4x4 srw qc short bed twin turbo'd hot rod 'sold', '98 ram 3500 4x4 drw qc nv4500 'sold'
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertyoke View Post
that would be great if you could take a measurement, i dont want to give up the mag-hytec. I really like the drain and easy check dipstick fill hole. this '10 just seems more soft sprung then my 03 srw 3500 did, like it wants to roll over around a corner.
I will take the measurements for you. They are much softer. My 04.5 was much better handling the same weight trailer then the 2010 is. This truck was rear end whipping pretty hard at times on sudden uneven roads such as bridges and bad road joints. The airbag with about 8 pounds of air cured that, but jeez. I'll try to do that today.

2010 2500 Laramie,SB CrewCab,6spd Auto 3.73 LS,5K air bags.Roadmaster active suspension,Redhead steering gear,Synergy steering brace,Carli ball joints, Thuren track bar,Thuren control arms, Fox shocks and Thuren king steering damper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Cummins Nut

Mass Diesel gave me the best price on PacBrake airbags. I have them on an 06' 2500 and a 09' 3500. Do not buy anything from Airbagit.com! I tried their kit and it was a joke. Airbagit.com thinks their kit the best thing in the world but I don't think you'll find a single person who will agree with them.

09' 3500 DRW QC LB 4X4- AFE Pro Dry, Smarty, ARP 625, Air Dog, 5" TBE, DPF delete, Edge CS gauges, Suncoast M3GA Trans/converter/flex plate/ billet input.

2013 2500 4X2 LB Crew Cab- Stock
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Diesel Freak

I used the Airlift bags and basic on board air system with the 5psi air maintenance sensor. (automatically maintains the required 5psi). There is a $99.00 system that doesn't have the 5psi sensor).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode