Check Engine Light On! - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere2 View Post
As whitenite said there is no recall on the trailer brake issue that some other members are experiencing, I was just saying it's possible that the trailer brake light is related in some way. This is just an assumption on my part, sorry for the confusion!
ok, sweet. thanks for clearing the air. i'll just have to wait. i'll contact h+s and clarify some things

2001 Race truck-11.9 at 111mph200stix.BDRAD.Studs.Spring.FASS150.Silver64. Waterm[/email][/email]eth.2010 2500 Silver QCSB,Blackmaxx,5"TBE,FullDelete.2"level.20"IonAlloys.w/33"MudGrapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Cummins Nut

i just got some info on what i just did with this engine code.
i first tried re-installing the tune by updating the firmware and then downloading the tune as per H+S instructions. Needless to say that didn't work.
Second i tried re-downloading it from the update page. Extract files, etc. Then re-istalled the tune onto my truck. I've done about 15 engine starts today and i haven't seen an engine light on....yet. But i still have service trailer brake system light on.

So i hope i'm getting somewhere with this code.
I will keep ya posted

2001 Race truck-11.9 at 111mph200stix.BDRAD.Studs.Spring.FASS150.Silver64. Waterm[/email][/email]eth.2010 2500 Silver QCSB,Blackmaxx,5"TBE,FullDelete.2"level.20"IonAlloys.w/33"MudGrapplers
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurp017 View Post
i just got some info on what i just did with this engine code.
i first tried re-installing the tune by updating the firmware and then downloading the tune as per H+S instructions. Needless to say that didn't work.
Second i tried re-downloading it from the update page. Extract files, etc. Then re-istalled the tune onto my truck. I've done about 15 engine starts today and i haven't seen an engine light on....yet. But i still have service trailer brake system light on.

So i hope i'm getting somewhere with this code.
I will keep ya posted
Is your trailer brake light on all the time? Have you checked to see if there is ice inside of it? I would try plugging a trailer into the connector a few times, check for loose wires on both the 4 pin and 7 pin connectors.....then unplug the trailer...shut the truck off, then restart to see if it's still there. I'm just trying to give you ideas, as to rule things out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 CUMMINS LARAMIE 2500/AUTO/3.42/MM/OD UNLOCK/S&B/20X10 XD MONSTERS/295/60/20 NITTO'S/3'' CARLI BACK COUNTRY/A.R.E. Z SERIES/SILVER BULLET 66/STEED SPEED 2ND GEN MANIFOLD/ TUNING BY DAVE (SOLD)

2017 LARAMIE 2500/AUTO THUREN 2.75/ KING 2.5/MM3 DRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere2 View Post
Is your trailer brake light on all the time? Have you checked to see if there is ice inside of it? I would try plugging a trailer into the connector a few times, check for loose wires on both the 4 pin and 7 pin connectors.....then unplug the trailer...shut the truck off, then restart to see if it's still there. I'm just trying to give you ideas, as to rule things out.
Well i guess i spoke to soon, after i wrote that last message, low and behold the light came on. codes back. H+S says its not there problem. I hae a buddy with the same set-up, hes got the same issue with the engine code

ya i thought of doing that as i drove by the trailer i usually pull, but considering its all blown in with snow, getting close i'll need the tractor. i'll try it asap. i looked in the connector and there fine, the trailer light didn't come on untill i tried to re-install the update the first time H+S told me to.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 PM

Hey, I just got the P0116 code on my 06 2500. No check engine light. I just bought the truck a week ago- when I test drove it I check it for codes..nothing. So I did another check after a week of driving and the p0116 is showing up on the self-test. The one thing I did do is cover half the radiator up w/cardboard. I took care not to cover the intercooler and trans. cooler though. I do not idle for extended periods of time but it's cold out- high teens here in Idaho. I take short trips w/the truck right now- barely getting above 180 deg. coolant temp. Any guesses as to why it's throwing that code?? Edit-/addition- I also plugged it in for the first time...

Last edited by IdKid; 01-02-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode