change oil light/ radio presets - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
change oil light/ radio presets

does anyone else have a issues with there radio not holding presets ?? every couple days 1 or 2 channel diverts back to the weather channel ?? also i have tried to reset the oil change lights many times using the 3 gas pedal down trick but it will not reset ?? any ideas

FOR SALE- 2010 mega cab long bed 4x4 6.7 Ctd, Suncoast auto Laramie. B&W hitch. Line-x box/rockers. mag hytec front/rear, Amsoil front to back, bds 8in long arm kit afe stage 2, smarty tuner, ram air hood, road armor bumpers. Thanks to Northwoods service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
2010 Cummins

Just had my first oil change and dealer had to reflash to get message to go off.Don't know about radio mine works fine so far.

2010 3500 cc lb srw inferno red
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

My radio does the same thing. I called sirius and they said take it to the dealer. I gave up on it for now.

2014 2500 CTD Crew short black over silver. B&W turnover ball. All stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

thanks, guys at least i am not the only one having

FOR SALE- 2010 mega cab long bed 4x4 6.7 Ctd, Suncoast auto Laramie. B&W hitch. Line-x box/rockers. mag hytec front/rear, Amsoil front to back, bds 8in long arm kit afe stage 2, smarty tuner, ram air hood, road armor bumpers. Thanks to Northwoods service.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Hey, I had my oil changed yesterday and the Dealer had the same trouble. Apparently they were trying it too quickly. They finally got it to reset by pressing the gas pedal down slowly and deliberately. Hope that helps.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
i couldnt get my oil change message to go off either. i did it slow an then i started the truck after the last pump of the pedal an it went off fine..... i have not had any problems with the radio presets either.

2008 GMC Duramax ecsb 4x4 all stock.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Presets:
I assume you talking about the Sirius stations?
I just had some problems w/ my Sirius presets reverting back to Weather defaults.

2010 3500 Dually, CrewCab, Laramie, Austin Tan w/ Brown & Beige interior. B&W Turnover G/N, S/S Nerf Bars, MyGig Lockpick, 53 gallon Aux fuel tank. Torklift SuperHitch.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
Presets:
I assume you talking about the Sirius stations?
I just had some problems w/ my Sirius presets reverting back to Weather defaults.
yes exactly what happens to me

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefftRyan View Post
Hey, I had my oil changed yesterday and the Dealer had the same trouble. Apparently they were trying it too quickly. They finally got it to reset by pressing the gas pedal down slowly and deliberately. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakingbad View Post
i couldnt get my oil change message to go off either. i did it slow an then i started the truck after the last pump of the pedal an it went off fine..... i have not had any problems with the radio presets either.
i will try both in the AM thanks,

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Cummins Nut

You have to do the three pedal press trick,(slowly) within a ten second time frame.Page 158 OM 7.5. I understand is also applicable to 2010.

Last edited by pparki5; 05-03-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spell
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Copy and Paste from 2010 Manual (Gasser)

Here's a copy and paste from the 2010 RAM 2500/3500 gasser manual explaining the procedure already outlined by a few members earlier........ hope this helps to confirm proper procedure.

CHAngE OIL Message
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The CHAngE OIL message will flash in the instrument cluster odometer for approximately 12 seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle-based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon your personal driving style.
Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON position. To turn off the message temporarily, press and release the Trip Odometer button on the instrument cluster. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start the engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

tried fast and tried slow, still won't reset even had the wife try it, still no go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode