2013 68RFE P0750 P0871 technical help needed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

2Likes
  • 2 Post By pacummens05610

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2013 68RFE P0750 P0871 technical help needed

At wits end on a 2013 pickup 6.7 with a 68rfe. Have installed a 68rfe Jasper built triple disc converter trans that will only shift from first into somewhere around 3rd, does not respond to the gear selected indicator on the dash (can change to any gear I like, but the trans will only start out in first, then shift up to the whatever gear it uses until it drops back into first). Have installed a Revmax valve body with the same codes and outcome resulting, have tested the wires from the ECU to the solenoid pack, verified power to pin 10 (12v until p0750 sets, then ECU opens the relay in the distribution box, and then no more 12v....) Have checked pin 2 to ECU and pin 14 to ECU and verified continuity and no short to ground on both circuits, checks ok. Jasper tech support recommended replacing ECU, which I did, went through the hassle of EFI live reprogram and guess what, same codes came back. Which leaves the wiring harness-so since I'm in neck deep already, attempted to order the trans wiring harness-and.....not available, national backorder, no estimated availability date. So I wanted to reach out to the forum wisdom. What can cause a P0750 and a P0871 with having checked out what I described? Is Transengineer's wisdom still accessible?

Banks six-gun SL+cooler+exhaust, Airdog 4g, Aero turbine muffler, Amsoil lubrication, Fluidampr balancer, Allison 1000 6 speed automatic, Banks intake w/superscoop, Dynatrac free-spin kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:55 PM
White Lightning

Thanked 5,953 Times in 3,213 Posts
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Check the connector mentioned in this post

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...l#post26962953

@TransEngineer

2018 RAM 4500 Chassis Tradesman Crew Cab 60Ē C/A 4WD, 6.7L Cummins, AISIN AS69RC Transmission, 4.10 Axle Ratio, Chrome Appearance Group, Keyless Entry, Fog Lamps, Chrome Tubular Steps, 52+22 gallon fuel tanks, 5.0 Radio, Single Disc CD Player, 225/70R19.5 Continental HDRís, Aluminum Wheels, Parkview Backup Camera, Trailer Brake Controller. Equipped with a CM SK Series flatbed w/B&W Turnover Ball. Purchased new April 23, 2018. Currently : 156,514 miles and 2,767 hours as of August 30th, 2019 (Average Miles Per Hour = 56.6)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Just checked the connector, and all the pins looked OK. Still plan to check the 2-pin connector beside it. Cleared the codes and tried it again; this time P0871 set first, followed quickly with a P0933. Already replaced the line pressure sensor, no change. If the two-pin connector behind the driver side fenderwell checks ok, then I guess I'll tear into the harness where it goes over the back of the trans to see if anything looks hokey...

Banks six-gun SL+cooler+exhaust, Airdog 4g, Aero turbine muffler, Amsoil lubrication, Fluidampr balancer, Allison 1000 6 speed automatic, Banks intake w/superscoop, Dynatrac free-spin kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:08 AM
Diesel Head

Garage
The 0871 is a pressure sensor code. Where did you get the sensor? Was it a made in Germany or Mexico bag, or made in China from a big box store or amazon? The Chinese ones are 50/50 if theyíre dead on arrival. The pressure transducer is common across all RFE units so you might be able to find one for a 545 cheaper. Itís at the rear exhaust (passenger) side of the trans and plugging it back in can be a bear to get it cleaned and fully seated and sealed.

The 0933 code is a low pressure code. Could be either pump failure, obstruction in the lines, or the pressure sensor. Including if youíve got a thermal bypass valve in your trans lines (Iím on my phone; weíre in the 4th gen section, right?) and itís failed closed. Not a common problem but itís happened enough that both Revmax and ATS have come out with bypass valve delete blocks.

Check out this link where I found a bit of a diagnostic schematic for testing the pressure transducer circuit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tro...s/p0933/%3famp

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Resistol. Anarchy EFI, 5" TBE, Sinister coolant filter, Carbonite DP sensor, CSS -4" springs, reverse level, CalTracs, Amsoil bypass filter, Revmax VB/TCM, & a madly leaking radiator.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Checked the two-pin connector also in back of driver fenderwell, all good. Checked the connector @ top of rear of engine-ok. Took the insulation off wiring going across top of rear of trans to look for any compromised wiring to line pressure sensor-ok. Line pressure sensor was bought from Dodge dealer, makes no difference if I install that one or the Jasper one, all issues stay same. Don't think this stuff could come from unplugged dpf parts, but otherwise all leads go _________

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

And for the benefit of the forum searchers, the fix required replacement of the complete transmission harness!
gsbrockman and El Pozzinator like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode