Front drive shaft removal - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Well as I expected. Dealer said it's normal and wouldn't be covered under warranty regardless. Due to the lift I put on the vehicle (BDS 4")

Funny thing is this problem was present prior to installing the lift and they have that on record.

I am getting an alignment done today and sending in the driveshaft to get balanced.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:03 AM
Cummins Nut

I would normally say its something to do with the truck lifted but if it was doing it prior to being lifted than probably not the case.

I found on my previous Power Wagon I was getting some wierd driveline vibes...no shop could figure out where it was coming from, everything looked good as far as every place was concerned. Can't remember what caused to me to try it...but I took the shaft itself apart, i.e. separated the slip portion. From the factory it came with hardly any grease on the splines...I greased the hell out of it, put it back together and it completely fixed my problem.

Its a little surprising that there isn't some sort maintenance schedule for this...on every aftermarket drive shaft I've had with the slip built into it they come with grease fittings so you can keep the splines greased up.

13' With 6" Thuren lift, Stage 6 King 3.0's front and rear, alien arms, trussed front end, dynatrac ball joints, king steering stabalizer, thuren track and sway bar, boogie bumps, 17" Tail Ready Bead lock wheels w/40" toyos. 4.56's w/front ARB
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM
Cummins Fan

I haven't taken mine out yet, but a local mechanic who specializes in these trucks told me that the bolts are loctited and I may have to heat them to get them to release. I'm a bit nervous about trying because I don't like to use heat that close to a seal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglydukwling View Post
I haven't taken mine out yet, but a local mechanic who specializes in these trucks told me that the bolts are loctited and I may have to heat them to get them to release. I'm a bit nervous about trying because I don't like to use heat that close to a seal.
They're fine...dont need heat, just slow steady pressure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13' With 6" Thuren lift, Stage 6 King 3.0's front and rear, alien arms, trussed front end, dynatrac ball joints, king steering stabalizer, thuren track and sway bar, boogie bumps, 17" Tail Ready Bead lock wheels w/40" toyos. 4.56's w/front ARB
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Diesel Head

I’ve never had to heat them either. Just be sure your torx bit is fully seated and square.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode