Aisin I-255 Connector pinout? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Aisin I-255 Connector pinout?

Hello beautiful people,

Just registered for the forum for this specific problem. I own a 2014 Ram 3500 with the Aisin Transmission. I was towing my good friends 07' 3500 to a sled pull event and my truck towed great, no problems encountered. While I let the truck idle, we unloaded the trailer and when I climbed back into the truck to move I noticed the CEL on and the PRND were yellow with no shift indication. I put her in drive and a loud couple clunks emanated from the drivetrain. The drive shaft did that aggressive rebound or binding thing. It is the same thing this guy had going on in this video... youtu.be/kbnHPFH1ANU

My symptoms, as well as the previously stated, are as follows.

P2509 = ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent (stored)

P0706 = Transmission Range Sensor Performance (active)

P0850 = Park/Neutral Switch Performance (active)

Additionally, the rig would not climb up the ramps onto the trailer in D but would in R and when trying 4low it defaulted back to 4lock, so no more 4low.

In this thread... cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-powertrain/2300602-aisin-hard-shift-engagement.html TransEngineer pointed out that a common problem is that I-255 connector. I did find a green wire that had chaffing through the insulation and had exposed wires above that connector. I figured I would visually inspect all of the harnesses that I can see for obvious issues. the connectors (the 3 next to each other) looked surprisingly good within the weatherproof boundary. I figured I would check continuity between the exposed wire and the pins on that connector to find out which wire that is. I have been searching to find a pinout diagram for that connector and the other 2 connectors if I can get ahold of them. I found continuity between a few of the pins themselves and a few different pins and that exposed wire. Without a Pinout, I'm at a loss of how to continue besides continuing with the visual inspection of the harness.

Pictures won't upload. Will retry after I get the wife food.

It won't let me post hyperlinks until I have more posts under my belt.. sorry for no hyperlinks.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Youíll need to purchase the repair and wiring manuals from TechAuthority. Be sure to buy the combo as they are available separately. In the meantime, cut and repair the damaged wire. Itís most likely the problem. These trucks are very susceptible to wire damage close to the plugs. Be sure to solder and heat shrink the patch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode