2015 Cummins 6.7 with P0046, P00AF, and U010C codes - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question 2015 Cummins 6.7 with P0046, P00AF, and U010C codes

Hi Folks, I'm wondering if anyone has some experience that might help me make a decision.

Along with the codes in the subject line, which are all active codes, I have a P003A stored code. My truck is a 2015 Ram 3500, all OEM original exhaust, etc. and has 167,000 miles on it. I have researched these codes and mostly think I am going to be needing to replace my turbo, as well as the actuator. I am grasping at straws though with the U010C code in "hoping" I could just get by with a loose connection or blown fuse. I haven't done any investigation into the wiring or fuse possibility yet, but thought I would just throw this out there for people to comment on.

I'm hoping you all have some good advice, but I'm afraid I am going to have to replace stuff. Just fortunate that if I have to, I am mechanically inclined so I wouldn't have to pay the dealer to do it. They are quoting me $5,400 to do both the actuator and turbo. I think I can do it myself for around $2,500.

Thanks folks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Diesel Freak

I would find a used, low mileage turbocharger, either here in the classifieds, ebay, or a local junk yard and change it yourself.

It's a pretty straight forward job. Quite a bit of parts to remove and reinstall, but you wont need to get anything reprogrammed or anything at the dealer.

If you get a used one, buy a new gasket that goes between the turbo and the exhaust manifold and it would be a good idea to get a new flexible drain line that goes from the turbo back into the oil pan. Like this one :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-7L-Turbo-...gAAOSwAPVZMZQz

2011 3500 4X4 Dually. Deleted with XRT pro.

Last edited by rnoggle; 04-15-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks rnoggle. I have actually thought of doing that but wasn't sure if I would just be going through the work to replace my turbo with someone else's "about to go bad" problem. I also am wondering about a rebuilt turbo as opposed to new.

Once I get over my bronchitis, I'm going to chase wires and connections before I start taking my system apart.

Good advise about the drain line and gaskets too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode