Air Leak between MAF & Throttle Body - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Air Leak between MAF & Throttle Body

Hey Everyone,

I've have a 2017 3500 dually, 24+k miles. While pulling my 5th wheel trailer (12K lbs) and going up a moderate grade I heard a "clunk" sound, lost most of my power and the check engine light came on. I did pullover, shut everything down, then restarted to see if that would clear any issues but it did not.

Since it was a Saturday, yesterday, and I was outside of Wells NV, I limped into town, found a mechanic and put it on the monitor.

Indication was an "Air Leak between the MAF & Throttle Body", I think it was code P2281 but I am not positive.

The mechanic couldn't find any issues with disconnected hoses or anything obvious and was unable to make any repairs. He cleared the code and I headed to Elko to find a dealer for possible repairs.

After the code we reset the truck ran like normal and I did not experience any issues while heading to Elko but I did not have any grades to go over as well.

I hope to get it into the local dealer even though they are swamped with work but I don't want to go over the Sierra's until I know it what the problem is.

It seems like the problem was resolved after the code was cleared, is this normal?
Any ideas?

ChrisO

'17 3500 Dually Crew Cab Tradesman, Aisin, 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:52 AM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It happened to my 2016 one time while climbing a steep grade. I cleared the code and went on my way as i was in a very remote area. i took it to dealer and they weren't much help. It never happened again and i never found out why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode