Cummins Diesel Forum banner

5.9 ecm on 6.7

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Andrew08b 
#1 ·
I hope you don't mind me visiting this side of the forum, I'm looking at putting putting a 6.7 in my 2006. Could you guys that have done the 5.9 ecm and harness swap over to your 4th gen trucks chime in. I was wondering if you guys run the 5.9 injectors with early pattern nozzles or if you use the 6.7 injectors. If you could include who tuned it for you and if you have had any smoke or other issues. If you don't feel and comfortable posting on here and would rather pm me, that's great too. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I think, could be wrong tho, which injectors you use is dictated by which piston design you use, as the bowl shapes and spray patterns are different between the various ISB versions. So I think it’s gonna depend more on the hard parts and what your tuner can do with them. I know there is a thread in the 3rd gen 6.7 performance section about running a 5.9 ECM on a 6.7 but I don’t recall what all else needed changed apart from the ECM and harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yea the 03-04 nozzle spray angle is very similar to the 6.7, from what I've gathered you can run either. I believe there were some 4th gen guys that get a special harness and then run an 06 or 07 ecm on their 6.7. I'm just trying to find out what tuners know how to tune the 6.7 through a 5.9 ecm. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to take a look there and see what I find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.